......tagged the end of the club to the watch band
You mentioned "tagging" the club to the watch band. This is not necessary unlike Game Golf. Just the proximity of the tag to the watch enables the watch to identify the club and, in fact, this latest firmware update increases that sensitivity.

The only time I got a red exclamation mark was when I holed an exceptionally long putt (over 50') and I had to confirm that due to it appearing on some global leaderboard. You would just do what is suggested and go into that shot in the edit mode to confirm the club and where the shot took place.

I've gotten the red exclamation marks, too. Are they supposed to go away after fixing the shot, if necessary?

Last edited:
You mentioned "tagging" the club to the watch band. This is not necessary unlike Game Golf. Just the proximity of the tag to the watch enables the watch to identify the club and, in fact, this latest firmware update increases that sensitivity.

The only time I got a red exclamation mark was when I holed an exceptionally long putt (over 50') and I had to confirm that due to it appearing on some global leaderboard. You would just do what is suggested and go into that shot in the edit mode to confirm the club and where the shot took place.

Thank you sir. It's good to know tagging isn't necessary. I was overly careful with the reports of others who have many missed shots. Bringing the tag and touching the watch band really ensured the shot would be recorded. I do love the visual of seeing the club selected so it is good to know I don't have to be so "Game-Golf" diligent. lol

This new firmware is really, really good. I love the logo showing what club I’m holding.

This new firmware is really, really good. I love the logo showing what club I’m holding.
Same here. Nice touch.

I agree that the new firmware is nice. Right now, I have mixed feelings about this product. It is missing quite a few shots. For example, my last round, I hit a 7 iron flush and had a birdie putt. However, after the round, it showed that I hit the 7 iron only about 140 yards and then came up onto the green with my 58 degree wedge, a total phantom shot recorded. This is happening a couple of times or more every round. I don’t have the patience to go back and edit things. This never happened to this degree with Arccos. I am going to continue to give it more time, but I don’t know that I will keep it long term if I don’t begin to see more accurate data being recorded.

Here is a tip for users. As you add clubs especially irons. SS will assign a color tag that you can put in to your "Bag" and then find it on the "Performance" tab.
This issue becomes as you have had the system for a while, as you add Irons, the system can give you different color tags for irons in the same set.
Decide what color your next set is going to be and make sure that all of the irons are the color.
Keep adding the same iron until you get the color tag you want and delete the duplicates:
This way you get a bag set up that looks like this:
1597234004727.png

Here is a tip for users. As you add clubs especially irons. SS will assign a color tag that you can put in to your "Bag" and then find it on the "Performance" tab.
This issue becomes as you have had the system for a while, as you add Irons, the system can give you different color tags for irons in the same set.
Decide what color your next set is going to be and make sure that all of the irons are the color.
Keep adding the same iron until you get the color tag you want and delete the duplicates:
This way you get a bag set up that looks like this:
View attachment 8957515
I wish the system would let you simply delete a club without deleting the data, something that you can do with Arccos. Unless there is something I am missing, the only way to delete a club, once put into the system, is to delete the round in which that club was used. However, that deletes the data in the data base as well.

I wish the system would let you simply delete a club without deleting the data, something that you can do with Arccos. Unless there is something I am missing, the only way to delete a club, once put into the system, is to delete the round in which that club was used. However, that deletes the data in the data base as well.

It looks to me that Game Golf was the only system really set up to facilitate accumulating a large database of club you've used and compared over a period of time. Arccos makes that pretty much impractical, Shot Scope enables you to do it but is far from convenient and some of the other phone-only apps don't really address keeping data on previous clubs separate at all.

Queston: When you enter the number of putts, do you count the ones from the fringe?

I am starting to form some opinions about this system. First, it’s a fun system to use. I do like the tags better than the Arccos sensors. They are very small and unobtrusive. The system is VERY reasonably priced, given that it is a one time purchase and not subscription based.

Overall, I personally like Using Arccos better. I think it is more intuitive to use. More importantly, though, the Arccos system is more accurate, although I know that others have experienced problems with it, I almost always finish a round with the shots recorded accurately. ShotScope is missing multiple shots for me on every round. Theoretically, I would prefer the way that putts are recorded with ShotScope better, but, again, it simply is mis-recording the distances, and fairly regularly. In my last round, ShotScope missed some wedge shots. It also registered second putts as being much longer than they were. There were three or for tap ins that were registered as anywhere from 5 to 11 feet. If the putting really registered accurately, it would be better than Arccos on putts. In addition, I like that ShotScope registers a putt from off the green as a short game stroke, rather than a putt. With Arccos, every stroke with a putter is recognized as a putt and so, if you are just off the green and use putter, you are credited with a GIR. The ShotScope system is definitely better at tracking actual putts and GIRs.

I have a set of clubs that is currently in the first position that include some Mizuno irons. Thus, I am not using the Arccos (and Cobra Connect) with this set. I will keep using the ShotScope on this set of clubs, but overall, I would pick Arccos if I were choosing one set to use going forward.

Queston: When you enter the number of putts, do you count the ones from the fringe?

See my post just after yours. The system recognizes strokes off of the green with putter as short game strokes, not putts.

This is from the support page on PinCollect:

How do I use PinCollect?

We do ask that you press the number button that corresponds to the amount of times you used your putter on that hole (on or off the green). For example, if your ball is on the fringe and you take one stroke with your putter, then take one stroke with your putter on the green to finish the hole this should be pressed as 2 putts. When you upload your round our software separates putts on the green in to your Putting stats and putts off the green in to Short Game to give you accurate data.

This is from the support page on PinCollect:

This is a very important and valuable point in using the system accurately. I really like how it records whether the shot with putter was a putt or a stroke from off the green.

This is a very important and valuable point in using the system accurately. I really like how it records whether the shot with putter was a putt or a stroke from off the green.
If I could remember to press the pin button while still on the green, it would help a lot, too! :LOL:

Another thing that I should add that I like about V3 is the average distance for each club and the performance distance, which weeds out the misses. Arccos also tracks it in a similar way, which is nice.

Update on the Customer Service Tickets I have opened so far with Shot Scope:

1) Unit of measure of yards is selected in my dashboard, but in the Performance tab its showing meters.
They responded saying this was a known bug. As of 7/24/20 this is fixed.

2) Asked them if there were plans to also add the Brand, Club name, perhaps even shaft name (or a custom field) in the Performance area instead of just color coded Letters to make it easier to know which clubs you are comparing..
They replied 7/24/20 saying they realize the current setup is not ideal for those who add many clubs and over the next year they plan on making enhancements here. No release date known at this time.

3) Mentioned to them that during a round I had to manually enter my shot data for 4 holes (watch battery ran outta juice) and I noticed in the Performance area it's not counting those shots into my data set..
Shot Scope worked with me and we determined this was a user error on my part. When I manually entered in the 4 holes of data I did not realize that the driver had defaulted to a driver I did not use in that round. So they had me edit that round, select the appropriate driver and this fixed the issue.

4) They were missing several of the clubs I had in my bag:
All of the clubs I asked them to add were added to their drop down menu within 48 hours.

5) The Performance area only includes filters for last round, last 5 rounds, Last 15 rounds or All. I asked if they will add date ranges and/or the ability to select individual rounds. They replied on 8/12/20 and said that they are going to introduce date range and individual round comparisons in the future. They are current working on the development however could not give me a release date.

It looks to me that Game Golf was the only system really set up to facilitate accumulating a large database of club you've used and compared over a period of time. Arccos makes that pretty much impractical, Shot Scope enables you to do it but is far from convenient and some of the other phone-only apps don't really address keeping data on previous clubs separate at all.

In my ticket #2 above, Shot Scope is working on functionality to be able to see the actual brand name and model on the performance tab of each club which should make it function more similar to Game Golf (fingers crossed).

In my ticket #2 above, Shot Scope is working on functionality to be able to see the actual brand name and model on the performance tab of each club which should make it function more similar to Game Golf (fingers crossed).

This would be an incredible enhancement.

Finally got my SS v3 and it worked flawlessly for me and that’s coming from an Arccos user of 3 years. Yeah, I missed seeing how far my last drive went etc but with SS, it made me just play golf without pulling out my phone to make sure shots got tracked like I did with Arccos.

Did not miss a single shot at all.

Im a Garmin user. Im very interested in this product but i dont want to waste my money if the accuracy is essentially the same as my Garmin. Keep in mind im only going to be using this watch for GPS yardages purposes only. Maybe down the road ill use the other features.

Im particualrly curious about the Dual GPS and its claims of ~30cm accuracy. And the Dynamic Yardages. These 2 features are more than enough to convince me to switch from my Garmin. But i need some convincing from your guys. Should i switch ??

I can't comment on the dual GPS but the dynamic yardages does work. It will tell you the yardage from the exact spot you are standing to the front, middle and back of the green, as well as the distances to the hazards and to clear them

m particualrly curious about the Dual GPS and its claims of ~30cm accuracy
I don't believe that is a reality, yet. That kind of accuracy will only be achieved when L5 is fully implemented, which means rolled out to at least 18 of the 24 GPS satellites. Based on what I have read elsewhere that could be a couple of years down the road.

"Beyond transportation, L5 will provide users worldwide with the most advanced civilian GPS signal. When used in combination with L1 C/A and L2C, L5 will provide a highly robust service. Through a technique called trilaning, the use of three GPS frequencies may enable sub-meter accuracy without augmentations, and very long range operations with augmentations.

In 2009, the Air Force successfully broadcast an experimental L5 signal on the GPS IIR-20(M) satellite. The first GPS IIF satellite with a full L5 transmitter launched in May 2010.

In April 2014, the Air Force began broadcasting civil navigation (CNAV) messages on the L5 signal. However, L5 remains pre-operational and should be employed at the user's own risk until it is declared operational."

Source: https://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/modernization/civilsignals/ (This page was last modified on August 10, 2020. )

Im a Garmin user. Im very interested in this product but i dont want to waste my money if the accuracy is essentially the same as my Garmin. Keep in mind im only going to be using this watch for GPS yardages purposes only. Maybe down the road ill use the other features.

Im particualrly curious about the Dual GPS and its claims of ~30cm accuracy. And the Dynamic Yardages. These 2 features are more than enough to convince me to switch from my Garmin. But i need some convincing from your guys. Should i switch ??

Likewise I can’t comment on the dual GPS but I still shoot most every pin with my Bushnell laser (mainly out of habit) and the V3 watch has been surprisingly accurate. Usually 1-2 yds off. Unless there is a good amount of slope adjustment which my laser adjusts for and the watch doesn’t.

Back