Mizuno Releasing JPX 921 Irons: Full Preview

Thinking about either the P770s or 921's to replace my current 919 forged sets.

Any thoughts on the different stock options in the 921 forged and tour range. Forged comes with modus 120s and Tour with S-Tapers, is there much between them, what is Mizuno thinking with different stock sets here?

Same...Pre-Order in gents! Cant wait

Does anyone know if this 919 Gap wedge is the one that comes with the HM set or does the HM have its own Gap wedge?C1A97C0B-1AD7-4035-B8BB-357CC1CAE975.pngC1A97C0B-1AD7-4035-B8BB-357CC1CAE975.png

That is the gap wedge.

Thanks JB. If I go with the HM’s might go CBX2 in the Gap Wedge then. More versatile?

I might have been confused with what you were asking. This is the GW.

B83AD9AD-2A8F-46BC-8610-E76598EFAF88.jpeg

Thanks. So it’s like the 919 irons - the HM and HMP share a gap wedge, right? How would you compare this wedge to the CBX2 50 degree?

Thanks JB. If I go with the HM’s might go CBX2 in the Gap Wedge then. More versatile?

Personally, I'd rather have a specialty wedge like you have in the 48-52 position. Typically, it doesn't have a specialty sole in that loft but you do get something more similar to a blade, most people can handle a 48-52 in a blade and it can be more precise than a perimeter weighted wedge

Personally, I'd rather have a specialty wedge like you have in the 48-52 position. Typically, it doesn't have a specialty sole in that loft but you do get something more similar to a blade, most people can handle a 48-52 in a blade and it can be more precise than a perimeter weighted wedge
I use my 50 degree almost exclusively for full swing shots and have more Mizuno, Cleveland, and Vokey blade gap wedges than I care to admit. Looking for something a little more forgiving in that slot. And if it blends with either the iron set or the SW/LW all the better. Hence the CBX2 ponder....

I use my 50 degree almost exclusively for full swing shots and have more Mizuno, Cleveland, and Vokey blade gap wedges than I care to admit. Looking for something a little more forgiving in that slot. And if it blends with either the iron set or the SW/LW all the better. Hence the CBX2 ponder....
I stopped at PW with my 919F and have a 50* CBX2 there. Don’t regret not going set wedge at all.

I use it the same way except for bump and runs where one can bump and run. I like the idea of a modern wedge, like the SM8, ES21, et al where the COG is in the center of the face for a blade. Good luck.

Thinking about either the P770s or 921's to replace my current 919 forged sets.

Any thoughts on the different stock options in the 921 forged and tour range. Forged comes with modus 120s and Tour with S-Tapers, is there much between them, what is Mizuno thinking with different stock sets here?
Take this chart from Titleist with a grain of salt. Mizuno tries to pair their irons with a stock shaft that will perform well for that iron’s target player. As with any shaft, testing is required to see for yourself how it works for your swing.233BCB04-3BCD-43F0-8B39-A59B8106616E.png

It hasn’t been to the @Tenputt level of full on dreams but I’ve been day dreaming about getting back out onto my home course (still not fully open...) with the 921F. I’ve been seeing some promising things but my favorite part has been the very, very tight dispersion. It translated to the course last weekend too - I was +SG on approach shots compared to my handicap in my first round with them.

Tight dispersion is the path to staying in my bag.

Talked with Club Champion today and I am on the list to call when they get the heads in for a fitting. If it takes another week or two all the better, I want to be back too full or at least 80% full strength before the fitting to give it a good effort.

I also got the 919 GW with my HM's, but I quickly pulled it in favor of the 50* CBX. If it were stolen or accidentally tossed in a water hazard tomorrow, I'd get a CBX2 without hesitation. If I were to consider 921 HMP's, I would definitely stop at PW.

I also got the 919 GW with my HM's, but I quickly pulled it in favor of the 50* CBX. If it were stolen or accidentally tossed in a water hazard tomorrow, I'd get a CBX2 without hesitation. If I were to consider 921 HMP's, I would definitely stop at PW.
Why? I'm genuinely curious, as I either going 919F or HMP's, took it for granted to get the set GW. Thanks!

Even with the redesigned GW? I'm curious why you wouldn't give it a shot

Why? I'm genuinely curious, as I either going 919F or HMP's, took it for granted to get the set GW. Thanks!

There's nothing wrong with the 919 series wedges, it's just that my game benefits more from the CBX's forgiveness. If the GW were cavity-backed like the PW, I'd probably still be playing it. Other than the occasional pitch shot, my GW is used primarily for full swings.

Even with the redesigned GW? I'm curious why you wouldn't give it a shot

See above. The 921 GW is still a blade, correct?

There's nothing wrong with the 919 series wedges, it's just that my game benefits more from the CBX's forgiveness. If the GW were cavity-backed like the PW, I'd probably still be playing it. Other than the occasional pitch shot, my GW is used primarily for full swings.
Same thoughts here.....

Back