Review Tour Edge EXS Pro Driver Review

It’s absurdly good. Stands toe to toe with all, and for the low spin seekers, nothing touches it.

it reminds me a lot of the original callaway epic.

Really? How so? It seems lower spin to me.

it may be lower spin. In shape and sound. It’s not exact, just game me similar feed back. That is a good thing.

And the ****** sent the wrong shaft. :mad: What a great experience I’m having with these folks. Is it that hard to read an order?
Sorry your experience has sucked! They probably sent you the club/shaft that I originally ordered and cancelled since it never shipped... There are some Pro models still left at the PGA store by me I can get, but I wanted to order from TE online so if I did not like them I can get the refund

Sorry your experience has sucked! They probably sent you the club/shaft that I originally ordered and cancelled since it never shipped... There are some Pro models still left at the PGA store by me I can get, but I wanted to order from TE online so if I did not like them I can get the refund
Well I see it as an opportunity to try two shafts now instead of just the one. Who knows this would could work out rather well. I guess I’ll know in a couple hours.

Well I see it as an opportunity to try two shafts now instead of just the one. Who knows this would could work out rather well. I guess I’ll know in a couple hours.
different shafts fit different people but ive found the hzrdus smoke yellow to be awful. I much prefer the standard hzrdus yellow than the smoke version..... I hit the Tensei orange demo and it didnt feel bad

it may be lower spin. In shape and sound. It’s not exact, just game me similar feed back. That is a good thing.
Agree in the shape and sound/feel, and as a compliment because that was before Callaway effed it up with Epic. This thing is SUCH a LOW spin tank, the fact that it retains the launch it does for me in 9.5 is mind boggling.

different shafts fit different people but ive found the hzrdus smoke yellow to be awful. I much prefer the standard hzrdus yellow than the smoke version..... I hit the Tensei orange demo and it didnt feel bad
Definitely different fits for different folks. Smoke Yellow is a love it or hate it design IME.

I have not hit the Hazardous but as mentioned I do like the Tensei in the Ping. Might be a good match here too.

I have not hit the Hazardous but as mentioned I do like the Tensei in the Ping. Might be a good match here too.
Having hit both the HZRDUS yellow always seemed firm feeling to me. Borderline harsh. I had a CK Pro Tensei orange stiff in my PXG and it felt silky smooth. Best feeling shaft I’ve owned. Just had a premium feel to me.

Astonishing how critical it is to find the right shaft. I didn't know what to expect with the HZDRUS Smoke Yellow, but I absolutely love it paired with the Pro head. At some point I'll put it in my original EXS head to see what kind of results I get.

Yeah it don’t look like it’s going to matter. Between the two new drivers it wasn’t even close. Now they are sending me a shaft and they said to keep em both so. I’m interested in the length. I’m pretty sure the one they sent me is an inch short. Even the great drives I hit with the TE are not in the same ballpark as the SZ.

The things I did with this driver today weren’t fair, at all. Talk about bringing a course to it’s knees.

I’ve hit everything out there this year and I’ve still not seen near the launch to spin ration of this one, it’s pretty staggering.

More impressive is how many non TE staffers are working with this one and the 220 on the Champions Tour, I believe 16 non staffers this week worked them out.

Well I’ve decided to return the driver. They still have not shipped the ordered shaft. It’s taken to much effort to try and get this right, and it seems like they don’t really care. At this point it’s just left a sour taste and my desire to play the club has disappeared. :mad:

Hit 166 ball speed on this one yesterday, and at 2063 spin too. It was a BOMB. All I could do is laugh pretty hysterically. Highest ball speed I’ve hit this year (y)💪

Well I’ve decided to return the driver. They still have not shipped the ordered shaft. It’s taken to much effort to try and get this right, and it seems like they don’t really care. At this point it’s just left a sour taste and my desire to play the club has disappeared. :mad:

Too bad you won't get to sample the other shaft, although it sounds like the Sub Zero is a better for fit for you anyway. At least you won't have to feel bad about returning it. Tour Edge never really gave themselves a chance to win your business.

Too bad you won't get to sample the other shaft, although it sounds like the Sub Zero is a better for fit for you anyway. At least you won't have to feel bad about returning it. Tour Edge never really gave themselves a chance to win your business.
No unfortunately they didn’t. One mishap after another and it feels like I’m the only one that cares. Just a lack of follow through on there part. I think it could be a great driver for me but I will not find out through TE. Maybe a fitting down the road.

How does this compare to spin and forgiveness of regular SIM? That has been best driver for me this year. I can’t control the Cobra SZ as well.

Does anybody feel like the head on this one sets up a little closed?

I also hit 167 ball speed with this one today.:cool:

Does anybody feel like the head on this one sets up a little closed?
I did. That said I hit it straight with a slight draw. My eyes are not the greatest either.

I had a day with this one yesterday. It’s just an interesting situation for me, when I feel like my swing is 3/4 “on” and better, this is UNTOUCHABLE for me. Some shots I hit into the wind yesterday, a hefty wind, and the carry I keep with the LOW FREAKING SPIN and launch here is staggering. It’s more forgiving than the SLDR and launches WAY easier, but it reminds me of that one a lot too in that it’s just a low spin cannon.

Best shot tracked yesterday on the GC2 was 167 ball speed, 13.7 launch, and 2130 spin. That’s absurd.

This is on my ponder list

Back