Is there any golf related clothing you are willing to pay a premium for?

What type of golf apparel are you willing to spend a premium for? Choose up to 3

• Shirts / Polos

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Shorts / Pants

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Hats / Gloves / Socks / Accessories

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Shoes

Votes: 38 61.3%
  • Sweaters / 1/4 Zips

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Jackets / Rain Gear

Votes: 24 38.7%

• Total voters

PKorf

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
I'm not sure what happened in the last few years other than the fact I can now afford a more premium lineup of clothing. But, it seems there is a serious level of drop off from high end stuff to low end stuff in quality. Maybe im wrong.

I have always liked certain brands of clothing but haven't always loved the price point some of them come in at. However, I find myself more and more and more looking into brands like:

Footjoy
Peter Millar
Stitch
Polo Golf
RLX Golf
Galvin Green
Linksoul
Johnnie-O
J.Lindberg
Etc etc etc

As opposed to other brands I liked in the past but didn't always hold up:

Puma
Under Armour
Nike
Adidas
Cutter & Buck
Ashworth

Thoughts? Answer the poll as to what type of apparel youre WILLING to spend a premium for.....commet below your thoughts on why or why not.

For me, I choose Sweaters, Jackets, Shoes, Raingear, and polos. Its the pants and shorts that I couldnt care less about. Ive found good shirts last a while. Good sweaters hold their shape. Good rain gear protects you from the elements. There isnt a single pair of shorts or pants I could honestly say that about.

Has to be the shoes. Having had foot surgery in the past as well as knee and back issues, comfort is key. Price is not important for my shoes.

Has to be the shoes. Having had foot surgery in the past as well as knee and back issues, comfort is key. Price is not important for my shoes.
Definitely the same here. They are in my top 3. If my feet cant breathe and arent comfy......forget it.

I will pay a premium for anything if I have a good experience with the items. I am big on you pay for what you get. As long as you take care of the stuff after you buy them, they will last for you.

Rain gear for me. Skimp, and you'll be let down at the worst time.

you need to add in the option: No or None
you need to add in the option: No or None
Not really. Its subjective. What one person may think is a premium the next might think its not at all. If youre only willing to pay for cheap stuff by everyones collective opinion than you wouldnt need to answer the poll. lol

Rain gear for me. Skimp, and you'll be let down at the worst time.
I did skimp badly the first time i bought some around age 20. Never again. Id rather save, buy the good stuff and have it for 10yrs. lol

I will pay a premium for anything if I have a good experience with the items. I am big on you pay for what you get. As long as you take care of the stuff after you buy them, they will last for you.
The older i get the more i appreciate that mantra. It makes way more sense to pay for something here and there as opposed to every year over and over and over.

Shoes maybe. I'm willing to pay a little more for comfort so my feet aren't killing me at the end of a round. Outside of that I see no reason to pay retail unless I'm buying something from a course pro shop as a souvenir or something.

Not really. Its subjective. What one person may think is a premium the next might think its not at all. If youre only willing to pay for cheap stuff by everyones collective opinion than you wouldnt need to answer the poll. lol
you posted a question without all answers: "is there any golf related clothing you are willing to pay a premium for" no reason to call me cheap....since my comment was more of a joke but it's cool

This right here ^ I cannot agree enough.

I did skimp badly the first time i bought some around age 20. Never again. Id rather save, buy the good stuff and have it for 10yrs. lol
I know there are other options, but if it's got to be waterproof, I am first looking for Gore Tex and nothing else.

you posted a question without all answers: "is there any golf related clothing you are willing to pay a premium for" no reason to call me cheap....since my comment was more of a joke but it's cool
:rolleyes: I didnt call you cheap. I was saying that if "you're" willing to only by cheaper stuff (meaning in generality of peoples own tastes and spending habits). Not meant to offend.

The older i get the more i appreciate that mantra. It makes way more sense to pay for something here and there as opposed to every year over and over and over.

I think with clothes it's a no brainer nowadays. My washer has a gentle cycle and i use it for all my golf apparel. Then hang dry. They all look good and some even look like he tags just came off.

If you take the time to care for the stuff, it will last. It's something my mother instilled in me since I was a kid because we didn't have much, and had to make everything last.

Shoes maybe. I'm willing to pay a little more for comfort so my feet aren't killing me at the end of a round. Outside of that I see no reason to pay retail unless I'm buying something from a course pro shop as a souvenir or something.
full retail wasnt mentioned. Just nicer brands. I dont care what anyone pays for anything and if you can get a deal....so be it. But, generally your still going to end up paying more for nicer stuff

White, fitted, flexible/comfortable, looks exceptionally good. Specific companies or item don't really enter into it. All the ones you listed make clothes/shoes that are hot, uncomfortable, don't move right, etc.

Rain gear and shoes are at the top of the list for me... comfort is paramount since I walk.

I'm willing to pay for anything that's quality and will last a long time. Tip top of the list is obviously rain & cold gear as you generally get what you pay for, but I'll also shell out for shoes and outerwear without too much complaining. Shirts & shorts or pants I'll start to look for deals but will still pay full price if it's something I like. Same with hats. Gloves are where I probably start to get a little stingy, but I'll still pay if it's a good product for me.

Puma shoes. They are just so much more comfortable then anything else I have tried on. It is like I am wearing nice comfy slippers straight out the box.

If high price tags and designer brands guaranteed better quality than inexpensive items, I might pay up. Clothing has the highest markups of nearly anything you can buy. Name brand polo shirts and pants arenโ€™t 3 to 6 times better quality than the prices would suggest.

Puma shoes. They are just so much more comfortable then anything else I have tried on. It is like I am wearing nice comfy slippers straight out the box.
eed to expand your horizons homie. Puma, while comfy are terrible in damp or wet conditions in my opinion

Back