Golf Ball out of storage

mngolferguy

Reaction score
Handicap
10-12
Hey all,
I was out for the first time as the weather is finally starting to cooperate.
As I grabbed a couple of sleeves of balls outta a cabinet in the garage, it came to me that these have been out in the unheated garage all winter. That means MANY freeze thaw cycles over 6 months or so.
What kind of effect might that have?. I was striking the ball very badly, so couldnt tell if it was ball or my swing, or both.

I don't think that should have any affect on the golf ball, but don't know for sure.

Hey all,
I was out for the first time as the weather is finally starting to cooperate.
As I grabbed a couple of sleeves of balls outta a cabinet in the garage, it came to me that these have been out in the unheated garage all winter. That means MANY freeze thaw cycles over 6 months or so.
What kind of effect might that have?. I was striking the ball very badly, so couldnt tell if it was ball or my swing, or both.

Extreme temp changes will affect the compression of the golf ball. How much I can't say but it does have an effect

You might not get as much distance as you normally would because the freezing/thawing takes some of the pop out of the core of the balls.

Dang, that means my swing is all a mess. Really wanted to hear that the balls were dead, throw them away immediately... Now I know the truth, I'm just older and weaker. Excersise, conditioning, stretching, they really matter? Guess so. Crap..

Back