THP Live Round thread!

Joined up with 2 other singles... Guess who's playing from the blues now? :ROFLMAO:

I played the damn blacks today, quit your whining... ha!

And mad respect to @OldandStiff for his ability to update. It’s quite impressive. Just the piddly amount I was able to do today was pretty taxing and felt like I was holding things up a couple times.
I agree.. It is humbling how easy he makes it seem!!

I played the damn blacks today, quit your whining... ha!

Only an a-hole quotes themselves.... with that in mind....

Fair notice I have no idea what length the blacks were. Course felt shortish, probably 6600 max from the back tees. Only a couple holes felt long, a couple more did because of poor play, I hit a 3w or two into par 4’s today since I could only hook the crap out of anything I should draw. I caught a limb or two. Let’s leave it at that.

It wasn’t long but it wasn’t easy. Mostly generous landing zones (in theory) that were often times pinched in by water on both sides 250-300 out. I don’t mind that on shorter holes but I don’t like a 460 yard par 4 to do that. Have to lay back to 220 or risk an 8 yard wide FW? I’m not a fan of 220 yard into the wind shots uphill shots on par 4’s. They tend to lead to a lot of bogeys or worse. I’m not that good.

Brought out the driver for the last hole and hit a nice fade... Guess we're back on :ROFLMAO:

Brought out the driver for the last hole and hit a nice fade... Guess we're back on :ROFLMAO:

My kid in his practice round today had 4 drivers. Wanted to test out some things. Different shafts, heads, etc.

I made the comment that I’d only be impressed if he had a 14 driver bag. “This is my sand driver, it has 8.8* of loft”.

Just lots of practice. Gotta get in your reps to get faster!

I don’t like not watching everything, I find myself missing others shots if I’m posting too much. It was a pretty quick round (until 17/18) though.

I shall strive to.... well once in a while tell a story.

I don’t like not watching everything, I find myself missing others shots if I’m posting too much. It was a pretty quick round (until 17/18) though.

I shall strive to.... well once in a while tell a story.
Do whatever let's you enjoy the round, man! I need things to keep my mind busy, and tend to have a little time. There are days when I don't take or share a thing though. Gotta do what's right for you and the people around you. No worries beyond that. (y)

That green is narrow. Wow.
Yeah, there are a few pin locations/greens like that on the course. Distance control is pretty critical. On the plus side, total putting numbers tend to be low! :LOL:

20200929_104151.jpg

Deciding on a bag is proving challenging today. If you felt physically better than you have in about a week, and are likely to play really well or really erratically (no middle ground) because of that, would you bring the pretty and more demanding clubs, or the more forgiving and less exciting clubs?

Last edited:
Fine. I'll make my own decisions then! :p

20200929_111803.jpg

Little frisky in approach on #1.

View attachment 8965973

Deciding on a bag is proving challenging today. If you felt physically better than you have in about a week, and are likely to play really well or really erratically (no middle ground) because of that, would you bring the pretty and more demanding clubs, or the more forgiving and less exciting clubs?
My heart says D.. My brain says A.. Lol

20200929_112625.jpg

And again on #2. :unsure:

Rather eager older gentleman behind us were letting through. His real fast and Larry is off to a rough start.

20200929_114115.jpg

That's better on the first par 3. On the board.

Snickerdraw to avoid trouble this time.

20200929_114744.jpg

Great look.

20200929_114948.jpg
20200929_115011.jpg

Another good look.

20200929_115050.jpg

And that's a 30' eagle up the hill. Woo!

Last edited:

20200929_115706.jpg

Ooh. :/ Like bit of a toe-y push that's going to flirt with the end of the fairway.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200929-115804_TheGrint.jpg

20200929_115831.jpg

Yep. Blew through it into the wind. Gonna have to watch the feeling good today.

20200929_115957.jpg

Edit: got it. That's 2 rounds in a row with a -4 in 3 holes stretch.

Last edited:
20200929_121402.jpg
20200929_121231.jpg

Overdid the cut from 175.

Back