Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
That's still around? o_O
Can they throw "Fresca" out with it? :cautious:

That's still around? o_O
Can they throw "Fresca" out with it? :cautious:
Someone get Moxie to call it quits too. I have had better tasting medicine then that gross stuff.

i havent seen a tab in years

Tab? I remember the commercials. Had a sip - that was enough.

And doesn't Mountain Dew have anti-freeze ingredients in it?

And does it keep you cool?

My go-to in law school was Big Red. lol. Kept me from snoring through cases.

No great loss.
A horrible tasting "cola".

Someone get Moxie to call it quits too. I have had better tasting medicine then that gross stuff.
I had not even heard of that one. Southern beverage, I assume? Kinda Dr. Pepper-ish?
Moxie used to be nerve tonic, so it probably had Opium in it back in the day. I want some "Original Coke." :love:;)
These soft drinks they took the "good stuff" out and left us with Dr. Pepper.
Imagine the "soft drink" is the one with narcotics in it.
"Oh, I don't drink alcohol."
Coke?
"Yes, please." (y):LOL:

I was MASSIVELY disappointed in my recent "Mexican Coke" experience from the grocery. (n)It may have involved soda. ;)

I can remember Tab with saccharin as its sweetener. It was definitely an acquired taste.

OMG We always kid my older sister for still drinking that swill! I think she may have been the only customer for that foul tasting pop!:D

Somewhere Marty McFly is sad

I love that they announced something that almost universally everyone already thought was gone.. haha.
I thought they discontinued it years ago and what's on the shelf has sat there for ages haha.

No big loss here.

My mom's old boss drinks Tab, like several a day. I'm sure he won't be happy about this.

When my sister would come to visit I would go to store and pick up a few 6 packs of it and there was always a layer of dust on top of it!

I remember as a 13 year old being sad when crystal pepsi went away. I think last year they did a limited run of it. It was still good... haha.

I can honestly say, i never tried it, won't miss it. Drank Dr Pepper or Pepsi as a kid. I remember going to a foot ball game right after my Dad got stationed in Oklahoma and i went to snack bar and asked for a DR Pepper. They said we have Mr Pibb, same thing.....no wasn't

I can remember Tab with saccharin as its sweetener. It was definitely an acquired taste.
I really hate to be "that guy" all the time...

My dad was a devout Tab drinker, as was my grandma.
The warning on saccharin was brain tumors in lab rats.
Dad also put 3 packets of "Sweet and Low" in each mug of coffee each day. I plead with him for years to stop.
Dad died of three brain tumors. Grandma, pancreatic cancer.
That $hit was the devil.

I gave up Nutrisweet long ago, but wonder if the damage is done? I drank a lot of that as a diabetic.

I had not even heard of that one. Southern beverage, I assume? Kinda Dr. Pepper-ish?
Moxie used to be nerve tonic, so it probably had Opium in it back in the day. I want some "Original Coke." :love:;)
These soft drinks they took the "good stuff" out and left us with Dr. Pepper.
Imagine the "soft drink" is the one with narcotics in it.
"Oh, I don't drink alcohol."
Coke?
"Yes, please." (y):LOL:

I was MASSIVELY disappointed in my recent "Mexican Coke" experience from the grocery. (n)It may have involved soda. ;)

Nope Moxie is a northern thing mostly found around CT, MA, RI, and ME I believe. My wife has family up there and her mom claims to like it then drinks a couple gulps and stops. I think it’s more nostalgia because I have never seen her finish one. I tried it one time but it is disgusting.

Good lord I’m always the tough buck around here. I don’t think I’ve ever even had a TAB :LOL:

No great loss.
A horrible tasting "cola".

The worst cola I ever had was in the Czech Republic. When the Soviets were in control, they wanted a western-like cola, but didn't want to have Pepsi or Coke, so they made their own. Called Kofola, and it tasted like black licorice. Terrible stuff.

The worst cola I ever had was in the Czech Republic. When the Soviets were in control, they wanted a western-like cola, but didn't want to have Pepsi or Coke, so they made their own. Called Kofola, and it tasted like black licorice. Terrible stuff.
There are various war time brands of Sodas like that.

Coke made "Fanta" for the Nazis. (n)

Back