hypovolemicshok

Reaction score
Handicap
I know balance is such a huge part of the golf swing and for some reason this year I keep losing it after I may contact. I am trying to maintain a good finish position but I think my weight keeps going outside of my left foot(I am right handed). I have tried swinging with both feet together to not get my arms involved as much but still seem to have issues. I think I like to use my arms too much as I am 6'3" and a strong 245#. I was thinking of maybe trying a wider stance but don't want to start getting stuck by doing that. Any drills or suggestions to help maintain that balance? This is also my first year with clubs that fit my and are +1". I am doing well with my driver but not my irons for some reason. Thanks for the help.

It all starts with understanding how the weight moves in the swing. For starters make sure you are balanced at setup. If you are on your toes or heels you are already in trouble. The best way to work on this is with a towel. Roll the towel up and place under your arches. Make sure you can feel a slight wobble from heel to toe. Now get balanced over it.

At the top of the swing your weight should move to the inside of your right foot and a little into the right heel. This will allow you to drive your body through to the left side.

At finish there are 2 spots in my opinion that are ok to feel like you loose balance. That is towards your target, or towards the ball. If that is happening you are moving your weight ok at this stage.

Thanks. I will try the towel to get a better feel of how I should be balanced at address. When I do lose my balance it is generally towards the target and many times the shot result is still good.

Thanks. I will try the towel to get a better feel of how I should be balanced at address. When I do lose my balance it is generally towards the target and many times the shot result is still good.
Sounds like your weight is a bit too much on your toes.
I used to have problems with balance and I found that taking swings with my feet together and while balancing on 1 foot really helped to improve my balance.
Heres a vid that demonstrates it:

Sounds like your weight is a bit too much on your toes.
I used to have problems with balance and I found that taking swings with my feet together and while balancing on 1 foot really helped to improve my balance.
Heres a vid that demonstrates it:

I will try some of that the next time I get a chance to get out. Hopefully the weather will start cooperating soon.

Back