Cold Weather Golfing Essentials

Toque: a woman's small hat, typically having a narrow, closely turned-up brim.
??? Interesting word.... but....:oops:
You have to work pretty hard to live in Ohio and not know what a toque is hahaha

Type it into google images and tell me how many of what you just described shows up.

Layers definitely work but dang its hard to swing with too many... Got some Mizuno heat gear gloves that fit great but I've never gotten used to having one on the right hand... but they keep the hands warm... so its kinda the conundrum...

You have to work pretty hard to live in Ohio and not know what a toque is hahaha

Type it into google images and tell me how many of what you just described shows up.
Ok so the pictures are fine buuuuut... the definition was the first thing that came up on google... It must be French-Canadian? I keed, I keed...
Beanie, toboggan... have a closet full of them. Order a 2 pack for my wife and one for each of my boys. Asked for one with built in led's for Christmas...
Just a new word... :LOL:

Luckily it doesn’t get too cold here but there is nothing better than a thermos of Land O Lakes Caramel hot chocolate with a drizzle of caramel sauce mixed with a little caramel Bailys Irish Cream. It tastes like a warm liquid candy bar. I made one for my playing partner one time and he said it was one of the best tasting things he has ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who needs a round if golf, I'll be trying this tonight!

I forgot to add my THP Beanie!!!

Over size mittens that fit over your golf gloves.

Use them when traveling between shots.

Most are big enough that hand warmer will inside with your golf gloved hands. They are also (usually) wind proof, and water proof. Easy off, and easy on.

When on, they still allow the user to use their hands. Steering the golf cart, trolley, holding their beer, cigar....etc

Probably $2 at the dollar store.

Out west we've always called those beanies or watch caps - but toque definitely sounds more exotic! Makes me wanna call people "hoser" and end every sentence with "eh?".

For the OP - I admittedly don't play in the cold that a lot of others do, but it do still get cold out here in the desert! We can have temps of high 30s/low 40s at tee time during the coldest months (all 2 or 3 of them, lol!), but it usually warms up to at least the 50s by the time we're done. My cold weather gear is usually wool socks, golf pants, a long sleeve base layer undershirt, polo shirt, vest, jacket and a beanie, errrrr, toque, eh? Layers are key so you can adjust if it warms up.

If it's so cold that I need any more clothing than that, it's too freaking cold to play golf. I'll be at home with a warm mug of coffee in my hand and the heater running.

Out west we've always called those beanies or watch caps - but toque definitely sounds more exotic! Makes me wanna call people "hoser" and end every sentence with "eh?".

For the OP - I admittedly don't play in the cold that a lot of others do, but it do still get cold out here in the desert! We can have temps of high 30s/low 40s at tee time during the coldest months (all 2 or 3 of them, lol!), but it usually warms up to at least the 50s by the time we're done. My cold weather gear is usually wool socks, golf pants, a long sleeve base layer undershirt, polo shirt, vest, jacket and a beanie, errrrr, toque, eh? Layers are key so you can adjust if it warms up.

If it's so cold that I need any more clothing than that, it's too freaking cold to play golf. I'll be at home with a warm mug of coffee in my hand and the heater running.
haha, it's pronounced "too-k" and I am not surprised Arizona people don't know.

Anybody who's ever seen Bob and Doug McKenzie knows what a toque is, and how to pronounce it!

I feel bad I've never heard of a toque before. I just always called them stocking hats. Guess I was missing out

Nice warm cup of fresh coffee should be on the list.

Nice warm cup of fresh coffee should be on the list.
Need a cart girl to follow me around with all these suggested beverages.

Back