Favorite wing sauces?

My favorite and really the original Buffalo way is deep fry the wings ( now air fry). Franks hot sauce in a pan melt in some butter ( add some tabasco if you like them hot). Put the Franks sauce in a tupperware bowl. Add the wings put the lid on shake the bowl and thats it. Another good.variation is the same but use barbecue sauce and char and finish them on a grill. Local place named La Nova is famous for the barbecue wings and im pretty sure they were the first to put them on the grill to finish them. Charring them on the grill really adds something if you havent had them that way your in for a treat.

What are you doing with your other hand while eating?
Grabbing the next drum so there's no wasted time in between them! :ROFLMAO:

As hot as possible. I make my own wings and sauce because I can't get anything even remotely hot to me at any restaurant where I live.
We used to have a place here in town where I finally found a sauce hot enough to make me tap out. I was sweating so much that it looked like somebody had thrown a bucket of water on me, and the only reason my lips didn't burn any more was because they'd gone numb. I took a few bites of my quesadilla and took a drink of beer and couldn't taste a thing, it was like the taste buds had been burned out of my mouth. The sauce was all over my fingers, and I washed my hands about ten times before I dared use the restroom because I didn't want any of that action! :ROFLMAO:

do you eat these "flats" with one hand or two?
Definitely two. You can push the meat out from between the bones with one finger!

Not to send the thread in a different direction, but does anyone have a really good recipe for a great wing sauce? My new air fryer worked great and now I just need to play with some sauces.

I make mine loosely based on this one below. I don’t use as much vinegar as it calls for, and I add more garlic powder than it says here or I will add fresh garlic instead, and I often add a little honey to tame the heat.

Ingredients
  • ⅔ cup hot pepper sauce (Frank's RedHot brand recommended)
  • 6 tbsp butter
  • 1½ tbsp white vinegar
  • ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • ⅛ tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • Salt to taste
Instructions
  1. Put the hot pepper sauce, cornstarch, white vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder in a cup, and mix to combine.
  2. Put butter in a sauce pan and melt over medium heat. Add the hot pepper sauce mixture and bring to simmer, stirring constantly with a whisk, until the cornstarch is fully dissolved.
  3. Remove the Buffalo sauce from heat and serve.

Sweet/hot

I make mine loosely based on this one below. I don’t use as much vinegar as it calls for, and I add more garlic powder than it says here or I will add fresh garlic instead, and I often add a little honey to tame the heat.

Ingredients
  • ⅔ cup hot pepper sauce (Frank's RedHot brand recommended)
  • 6 tbsp butter
  • 1½ tbsp white vinegar
  • ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • ⅛ tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • Salt to taste
Instructions
  1. Put the hot pepper sauce, cornstarch, white vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder in a cup, and mix to combine.
  2. Put butter in a sauce pan and melt over medium heat. Add the hot pepper sauce mixture and bring to simmer, stirring constantly with a whisk, until the cornstarch is fully dissolved.
  3. Remove the Buffalo sauce from heat and serve.
Does the honey add a sweetness as well?

Does the honey add a sweetness as well?
That sounds like a nice recipe actually. I would think the honey would add a little sweetness, but with that much Frank's... Probably not all that noticeable.

This local joint has a Sweet Res Chili flavor that is UNREAL. Coupled with the bacon ranch it is euphoric!

FE6553DC-4A47-416F-BDBD-08A19A734AC8.jpeg

Those flats look tasty! I might have to go find some wings tomorrow after reading this thread all day!
The last time I got them, they did all flats for me. Heaven!

Places will actually do that?! I thought it was only in my dreams!! Does @GolferGal know about this too?!

This place does! And I placed the order through DoorDash and this still honored it.

This place does! And I placed the order through DoorDash and this still honored it.
That's really impressive! I haven't found a place where that was an option.

Ask and find out. Worst they can say is no.
Haha I've asked a fair amount around here... But you're right, maybe one day they'll have a change of heart!

Haha I've asked a fair amount around here... But you're right, maybe one day they'll have a change of heart!
We need to have @ArmyGolf ask. He’s known well amongst the meat establishments 🤣

no sauce. just wings.

I like them hot!

Back