Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

Will be calling tomorrow to cancel my AW order. Absoltely no way this is going in my bag.

Why do Srixon claim to have "set" gap wedges? This does not match the set. I'd much prefer to put my 50* RTX4 back in play.
I was just about to comment saying how nice it looked! Haha
But yeah if all goes well then I'll be buying 5-PW, my GW spot is secured by my Vokey for now based on the performance I'm getting.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

No reason for me to get the set AW, I generally have a specialty wedge in that spot and like it better.

Will be calling tomorrow to cancel my AW order. Absoltely no way this is going in my bag.

Why do Srixon claim to have "set" gap wedges? This does not match the set. I'd much prefer to put my 50* RTX4 back in play.
Because it’s intended to blend into the MB wedges, they’ve always done a good job of that.

Yeah, that's not quite what I would have pictured.... :unsure:

Regardless, I stopped by one of my local stores and we got their rep on the phone. Said they'll be available soon and we ordered one in to my specs that they'll put out for sale if it isn't what I'm hoping for. I like to match set AW's where I can, so I want to give it a try.

I like matching AW’s too.. but this won’t match my irons or my wedges.

Pretty unhappy tbh..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like matching AW’s too.. but this won’t match my irons or my wedges.

Pretty unhappy tbh..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s a bridge club. Design wise it’s what Srixon has always done.

Yep, intended to blend with any set and their wedge lines.

Yep, intended to blend with any set and their wedge lines.
Something more players style sets should do imo. But, we are all different

IMO the 765 set AW was much better looking.

Attachments

• 1609450700384.png
    1609450700384.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 10
That’s all fine, just not for me.

This may be normal for Srixon but all other major brands sell AW’s that match the set.

Srixon need to tell people this club is different to avoid some nasty surprises.

Something more players style sets should do imo. But, we are all different
I really like it in concept. My first thought was that it might be a nice transition. Less stark than the large and sudden switch on soles, shapes, and feels. Are there other CB sets that have one like that?

I really like it in concept. My first thought was that it might be a nice transition. Less stark than the large and sudden switch on soles, shapes, and feels. Are there other CB sets that have one like that?
Not that’s transitioned like this. Back in the day TM did it with Speedblades and Rocketbladez though

765 looks better, but thats why we all have choices. Besides i'm not going to be looking at that side when hitting.

for sure! Haha. That’s what makes this place tick right?

These irons just look so welcoming to gap and pick out a slick combo set. I really want to hit the ZX5s. They really suit my eye for an iron and you can’t go wrong with their tech.

Stopped at the shop to hit a few irons as I'm looking for something that's a bit more forgiving than my Blueprints. Tested a bunch of irons and was excited to see that they already had the ZX lineup demos available. ZX5 was the surprising standout of the bunch for me. I was getting great #s and the feel was excellent - slightly less soft feeling than the ZX7 but still great even amongst the excellent competition.

I expected to like the ZX7 better than the ZX5, but found it the other way around. I was so enthused by the ZX5 that I've already booked a fitting to figure out the shaft options - likely to go 4-7 iron in ZX5 and 8-PW in ZX7.

I also saw some comments earlier about the back of the 4-iron being visible, but didn't really find that to be an issue. It's barely visible in the stock 4-iron closer to the hosel, but you have to be looking for it. I expect the 3-iron you would definitely notice though.

20201230_124350.jpg 20201230_134316.jpg

How does the ZX5 AW compare to the rest of the set? I have the 565 5-AW and the AW is the exact same design as the rest of the set. Seeing the ZX7 AW makes me wonder....

How does the ZX5 AW compare to the rest of the set? I have the 565 5-AW and the AW is the exact same design as the rest of the set. Seeing the ZX7 AW makes me wonder....

Found these photos from a sale posting online:

2_0000011597_0_0_qCC4ZL.jpg2_0000011597_1_0_qXo5qm.jpg2_0000011597_2_0_19n4aU.jpg2_0000011597_3_0_7ok0Rw.jpg

That's more like it Srixon!

Seriously happy with my Mizuno 921 HMP’s but I got a quote today for some ZX5’s. I have a sickness.

Back