Worst Staged "Reality" show

The Devils Ride about a New Outlaw Motorcycle Club in "DaGo" (San Diego). It was so mind numbingly stupid that i thought is was a joke. The Amish Mafia was another beauty.

What this world needs is a real reality show. Guy shows up at a golf course mere seconds before his tee time, pumps three balls OB with half the clubhouse watching, takes a drop in the fairway and then proceeds to flag down the beer cart before hitting his seventh shot:D

We'll call it......

..... The Hacker

I know lots of reality shows have some things staged for entertainment purposes but I think the most obviously fake reality show I've seen has to be Airplane Repo on the Discovery channel. I know this show is a few years old but I can't get over how bad their reenactments are of airplanes being repo'd.

Anything else just as terrible?
Real Housewives. My wife watches most of the RH shows and theyre all awful. The show is literally a bunch of rich women who sit around, get drunk and argue with each other.

Pro Wrestling and The Bachelor. :eyepoke::LOL:

Last edited:
The Devils Ride about a New Outlaw Motorcycle Club in "DaGo" (San Diego). It was so mind numbingly stupid that i thought is was a joke. The Amish Mafia was another beauty.
Ah.

I'd almost forgotten about Breaking Amish. That was another really good (or bad) one on TLC. The Travel Channel also had Amish Haunting with a good Amish twist on ghost stories.

I know lots of reality shows have some things staged for entertainment purposes but I think the most obviously fake reality show I've seen has to be Airplane Repo on the Discovery channel. I know this show is a few years old but I can't get over how bad their reenactments are of airplanes being repo'd.

Anything else just as terrible?

What’s “reality TV”?

If it ain’t real it ain’t reality. So I generally don’t turn my TV on. Other than to blast music at 1500 watts, but that ain’t for the TV, that’s to aggravate the neighbors.

Oh over to my thread to discuss, lol.

All of them. My wife is addicted and it drives me crazy. I have to leave the room. She knows they're all staged and she doesn't care. Strictly entertainment for her.
Same here. She watches a bunch of them - all the "Real Housewives" shows, Shahs of Sunset, the real estate/home improvement ones, a couple of the cruise ship ones, the one about the weird Alaska family, etc. It's my opinion that the popularity of reality shows is part of why our society is so nasty and hateful nowadays, because that's all those people are to each other on those shows. Especially the "Real Housewives" ones - I ask her what's enjoyable about watching a bunch of bitchy women continually fighting with each other and backstabbing each other, I just don't get it.

The very thought that a true 1%'er MC would do a reality show is beyond laughable.

What this world needs is a real reality show. Guy shows up at a golf course mere seconds before his tee time, pumps three balls OB with half the clubhouse watching, takes a drop in the fairway and then proceeds to flag down the beer cart before hitting his seventh shot:D

We'll call it......

..... The Hacker

I’ve told you to quite stalking me before!!

Upon reflection I need to amend my prior answer which gave the impression I don’t watch these shows. I’m a sucker for Life Below Zero and to a lesser extent Mountain Men and Swamp People.

Upon reflection I need to amend my prior answer which gave the impression I don’t watch these shows. I’m a sucker for Life Below Zero and to a lesser extent Mountain Men and Swamp People.

I watched swamp people for many years when I had cable. “Pappy, HELP!” if you need any proof of me watching it.

I don’t call that reality TV. I call that redneck fun. Until you get ate.

I watched swamp people for many years when I had cable. “Pappy, HELP!” if you need any proof of me watching it.

I don’t call that reality TV. I call that redneck fun. Until you get ate.
Any show where alligators get killed is for me, staged or not staged.

All of them, but The Dead Files has to be the all time worst, fake, highly staged reality show ever.

I don't know which was the worst but Lizard Lick Towing was hilarious!

Best reality TV you're not watching: Shot in the Dark
Worst reality TV you're not watching: Big Brother

Sadly it seems as if the networks have given up on anything that isn't another reality show or a show where randos sing and dance. If it wasn't for sports and local news I would probably give up on broadcast television altogether.

Never heard of them.....and I live there

I do enjoy Deadliest Catch and American Pickers. Both shows are exactly the same every episode and I am OK with that.

Let’s see.
Ice Lake Rebels. They live in house boats on great slave lake in Canada. Struggling through the winter. Yellowknife, a fair town, is 800 yards away with grocery stores etc.

Alaska, The Last Frontier. The Kilcher family, ranchers, struggle through the winters. What they don’t tell you is the family owns the local grocery store.

Never heard of them.....and I live there
They were called “The laughing Devils” . Positive that they were made up for the show. Pretty sure The Mongols would have something to say about them down there.....

I think the Amazing Race was just about the best "reality" show that was going. Now w/ COVID I'm sure it will be a few years till they can get back into production again.

giphy.gif

The worst...........there are a lot of 'em.

they are all bad but the one's in alaska are terrible. that and the american pickers. who watches this crap?

Ok I enjoyed Mountain Men for a while, but that Amish looking dude Eustace was just creepy as f**k, I did enjoy watching Tom and his wife.

Also watched way too many seasons of Ice Road Truckers. I had at one point convinced myself the show would actually end the moment a truck actually went through the ice. After about 7 seasons I had yet to see one go in, so I gave up hope, and stopped watching.

Also THE MF'ing CHALLENGE is the BEST reality TV show on earth. MTV is an actual master of this. It originally started as Road Rules, and morphed in The CHALLENGE. Think Survivor meets The real world, with unlimited booze in the house. Its low brow fun to watch, but the actual challenges are legit. They are on season 35 I believe now. Hell this season includes Olympian LoLo Jones, and survivor winner Natalie Anderson. So they do try to recruit legit athletes.

They were called “The laughing Devils” . Positive that they were made up for the show. Pretty sure The Mongols would have something to say about them down there.....
And if the Mongols didn't, the HAs probably would.

And if the Mongols didn't, the HAs probably would.
They actually had former member of HA on the show to add to the “credibility” . It was quite embarrassing to watch on many levels.

Back