First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

And...... they’ve shipped!!

Callaway did an awesome job on all the finishes for every single iron in this release. The satin just looks class!

i’m open to ideas. if my pros arrive this week, what can i do or say to get a round in this weekend??? there’s a pesky hallmark b******t holiday standing in my way. somebody help!

[
i’m open to ideas. if my pros arrive this week, what can i do or say to get a round in this weekend??? there’s a pesky hallmark b******t holiday standing in my way. somebody help!

Haha, I like this idea. Just offer her a cash buyout to get out of Valentine’s Day and out to the course.

true story: i gave my wife an envelope of cash for christmas one year. it didn’t go, how do you say, well?

true story: i gave my wife an envelope of cash for christmas one year. it didn’t go, how do you say, well?
Are you going to get a star named after her Valentines day?

i was thinking vacuum cleaner.
They love work out equipment and a weight scale too.

Bonus: you will get to play as much golf as you like.....as a single man.

I'm finally in the on order camp. Apex 21's with $ tapers were put in the cart and the purchase button was clicked. Might have added a speed driver and fairway in there too on accident.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Refer you to a good divorce lawyer? It will free up every other weekend for golf.

i was thinking vacuum cleaner.

Up in my neck of the woods, a upgraded snow shovel with light flex composite shaft goes a long way..... NOT! Take it from personal experience 😉.

I'm finally in the on order camp. Apex 21's with $ tapers were put in the cart and the purchase button was clicked. Might have added a speed driver and fairway in there too on accident.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

I'm still gaming my CF16's and would like to know your thoughts between the CF16's and the new Apex irons. Most interested to hear the comparisons between the CF16's and the Apex 21's and the DCB's.

Thanks in advance.

Ironically the best gift i ever gave my wife was some super fancy Dyson. Thought it was a trap, but every time she uses it she thanks me.
Who knew? Or maybe she's playing the long con?

When we had our twins me and my group who always played early started playing even earlier on the weekend. Usually between 600-630am. Done in three hours home by 10:00 (now we hang around after for drinks or whatever )but still lots of time left in the day so play early home early you still have the entire day left to enjoy Valentines Day. I think thats the best way if your concerned about time and you will enjoy your round more wirhout worrying about the time. Once you get used to playing early it is great. Im sure you will get a round or two in and im looking forward to hearing your thoughts on your new irons.

Easy. Pretend you can't sleep. Wake up at 5 and be on the first tee just before sunrise. You'll be home by 10am with breakfast, flowers and her favorite coffee ready to go.

Boom. New irons get a work out, and so does your box spring!

I had a lesson yesterday evening, which was not the optimal time to try a new set of irons. Today, I stopped by an outdoor range and hit about 15 balls, splitting them between the 7 iron (which is standard Apex) and the 8 iron (which is Pro). Here are a few random thoughts:

1. 7 iron numbers were as follows:
Club speed: 81 mph
Ball speed: a little more than 114 mph
Launch: 19.2
Spin: 5700ish
Descent angle 45 degrees, right on the nose.

2. I never really got to collect a batch of numbers with any other iron

3. The MMT shafts are maybe now my favorite iron shaft. Again, I ordered the 95 gram stiff. They are easier to move than my old go-to, SteelFiber 95CW. They feel very stable. I was getting a perfect ball flight outside. Anyone looking at irons should really investigate the MMT shaft.

4. I can tell the difference in feel/sound moving from the Pro to the standard Apex head. There is a bit more of a crack to me with the standard. Caveat: This is a very early conclusion.

5. If I had to do it over again, I think I would have gone full Pro set, but I may change my mind after I get out on the course. In the hitting bay outside, I was actually flushing more shots with the Pro. Admittedly, it may be that the Pro was an 8 iron, which is my most solid iron in the bag traditionally, but the Pros are not difficult to hit.

I am headed south this weekend and if weather doesn’t ruin it, play three rounds with these in the bag. I will continue to provide some feedback. If anyone has questions, fire away.

5. If I had to do it over again, I think I would have gone full Pro set, but I may change my mind after I get out on the course. In the hitting bay outside, I was actually flushing more shots with the Pro. Admittedly, it may be that the Pro was an 8 iron, which is my most solid iron in the bag traditionally, but the Pros are not difficult to hit.

If I'm not mistaken, there was mention of a 30 day return policy of some sort. Perhaps that presents an option to exchange the longies?

If I'm not mistaken, there was mention of a 30 day return policy of some sort. Perhaps that presents an option to exchange the longies?
Good reminder. I bought the mixed set with the hope that I would get a bit more juice out of the mid irons and that the stronger lofting with the mixed set would leave me an extra club selection to add either a wedge or a fairway wood. I hope I can get a good idea for whether this set gaps together over the next couple weeks. If I do, I will have a difficult decision, because that extra club gives some nice options, too.

Callaway did an awesome job on all the finishes for every single iron in this release. The satin just looks class!
I love the satin look as well versus the previous shiny chrome look

Good reminder. I bought the mixed set with the hope that I would get a bit more juice out of the mid irons and that the stronger lofting with the mixed set would leave me an extra club selection to add either a wedge or a fairway wood. I hope I can get a good idea for whether this set gaps together over the next couple weeks. If I do, I will have a difficult decision, because that extra club gives some nice options, too.
I know it may be too early to tell but how how much difference is there actually between your cobra mim tours and the pros? I would think they would be targeted for the same segment of player with very similar playability?

I had a lesson yesterday evening, which was not the optimal time to try a new set of irons. Today, I stopped by an outdoor range and hit about 15 balls, splitting them between the 7 iron (which is standard Apex) and the 8 iron (which is Pro). Here are a few random thoughts:

1. 7 iron numbers were as follows:
Club speed: 81 mph
Ball speed: a little more than 114 mph
Launch: 19.2
Spin: 5700ish
Descent angle 45 degrees, right on the nose.

2. I never really got to collect a batch of numbers with any other iron

3. The MMT shafts are maybe now my favorite iron shaft. Again, I ordered the 95 gram stiff. They are easier to move than my old go-to, SteelFiber 95CW. They feel very stable. I was getting a perfect ball flight outside. Anyone looking at irons should really investigate the MMT shaft.

4. I can tell the difference in feel/sound moving from the Pro to the standard Apex head. There is a bit more of a crack to me with the standard. Caveat: This is a very early conclusion.

I am headed south this weekend and if weather doesn’t ruin it, play three rounds with these in the bag. I will continue to provide some feedback. If anyone has questions, fire away.
What is it about the MMT's that you like better than the SteelFiber? You said 'easier to move'. By that do you mean smoother loading, more automatic vs, manual, feel and/or balance point..? Just curious

I know it may be too early to tell but how how much difference is there actually between your cobra mim tours and the pros? I would think they would be targeted for the same segment of player with very similar playability?
I definitely like the MMT shafts better than the Recoils that I have in the Tour MIMs. My ideal weight for an iron shaft is 95 to 100 grams. The Recoils are 110. With that caveat and very little to go on with the Pros, I think the Tour MIMs spin more and feel/sound better. The Pros are more forgiving across the face. The Pros might have a little more speed, but that is needing more play to determine. I believe a player fit into that profile could likely score equally well with either set.

What is it about the MMT's that you like better than the SteelFiber. You said 'easier to move'. By that do you mean smoother loading, more automatic vs, manual, feel and/or balance point..? Just curious
To me, the MMTs load more smoothly. I have an initial impression that I can get the same energy out of them with a little less effort.

Back