Favorite Hole at Augusta

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So let’s here what your favorite hole at Augusta is & why?

My favorite is Redbud #16 Par 3.
So much drama has taken place on this hole & feel it will be a game changer this year as well.
89D57A09-B636-4EAC-BF7F-3979CD9EE6C7.jpeg

#12 Golden Bell.. just such a gorgeous but intimidating hole

Hole 11, White Dogwood, The beginning of Amen Corner. Playing out to the right or trying to fly the ball to the hole over the edge of the pond guarding the left front of the hole. All the drama and possibilities that can happen, and then playing on the mind as you walk to number 12 , the most intimidating par 3 on the course.

I have always liked 18. Mainly because I know it is a hole that would eat me up. Narrow off the tee and requires a fade.

I really like 12, mostly for the TIGeR history.

13. Power off tee. Get on in 2. Make a putt. So many roars on this hole.

I'm kind of partial to No. 10. Nothing special, but having walked it in person it's unbelievable how much drop there is from tee to green.
DSC_7139.JPG

13 is my favorite. So much can happen, good or bad, and it's beautiful

93DB04C4-E52E-4EFA-B82C-85758296D0E6.jpeg

I'm kind of partial to No. 10. Nothing special, but having walked it in person it's unbelievable how much drop there is from tee to green.
View attachment 9001751

My favorite part of walking down 10 was seeing the area from where Bubba Watson hit it on the green in his playoff win.

I really enjoy number 7...... long par 4. Needs a really good drive.

That's tough.
15, 13, 12 maybe in that order. Gorgeous and I dig an approach over water.

I really enjoy #6 with the tee shot from the top of the hill to one of the more interesting greens on the course.

Azalea is my favorite hole at Augusta it is such a gorgeous looking hole and is a demanding hole that requires commitment to the shot if going for it in two.

So many excellent holes, so this is a tough choice! I'm always partial to par 5s, and always enjoy watching guys kick off their round with a bang on hole #2 - Pink Dogwood.

#13 - Azalea is also amazing and always feels like a pivotal hole on the back nine on Sunday (I mean which hole isn't though?).

15 is so much fun to watch. Guys can make anything from eagle to double bogey. Great risk/reward par 5.

I have always liked 18. Mainly because I know it is a hole that would eat me up. Narrow off the tee and requires a fade.
Exactly what I was thinking watching the women’s amateur.

You can't make me pick one.

View attachment 9001751

THIS. This is almost verbatim what I was going to write. The view down from the tee is crazy.

My favorite is Redbud #16 Par 3.
So much drama has taken place on this hole & feel it will be a game changer this year as well.
View attachment 9001748
The best answer! That’s where we’ve sat and roamed from when we’ve been able to go. Our spot is right over the pond from the Sunday hole location, first row.

I like Hole 2 a lot. Easy enough par 5 if you lay up, and a decent shot at eagle if you want to go for it, but a tough little short game situation if you miss when going for it. The green is also very difficult to read. It's probably not my favorite, but it's a great hole.

Back