JumboMax Golf Grips

I haven't tried these grips yet but I put oversized grips on my clubs this spring and they have helped straighten out my slice quite a bit.

Just finished putting the Jumbomax grip on my driver and to be honest after taking some swings in the backyard, it feels pretty good. I'm going to the driving range tomorrow and we will see how it performs while hitting balls. It was however a pain in the ass to get on the club. I don't know if it was the butt size of the Miyazaki shaft being larger than normal or just how these grips go on, but if you haven't done many of your own grips in the past I don't know if you should attempt these.

Would be interested in hearing how folks are doing w/ the bigger grips now that it's been a few week?

I think most folks but it on their driver's, did any put it on a iron or wedges?

Yes, I put one on my driver and one on a wedge. I'm a lefty who's biggest problem is losing balls left by leaving the clubface open, and as I feared going into it, I was hitting a lot more pushes than usual, and a lot more ummmmm power fades with my driver than I like. I took the grip off pretty quickly, but I will say that if you have a problem with active hands and hit some big hooks and draws these could do wonders for you. They feel really nice and are quite tacky.
As for the wedge I like it and could easily play with it. I put it on my back up wedge and have taken it to the range a bunch and then to to course a couple of times and to be honest I didn't notice a difference either way. I didn't see any addition distance, no loss in distance, and ball flight was the same. Hope this helps you but they are nice grips and are certainly jumbo, and could work for many golfers.

I don't remember the size of the club, but my girlfriend ordered me a set, if not a year ago, then perhaps two years ago? I have the the grip on my driver and all my irons. The grips aren't on my fairway woods and L,S,G wedges because I got new woods and wedges for my birthday last year. For me, there's no difference between using a JumboMax grip for one iron swing and an (I think - midsized) grip for a wedge swing. I used to regrip my club during my swing, and it was a long time before I knew I could build up a grip with wraps of tape underneath. In fact, I saw Michael Jordan playing Bethpage Black in the televised tournament and he had large grips. That's when I realized that my grips should fit my hands instead of adjusting my hands to hold the grip.

Long story short, when the grips on my other clubs need replacing, I will use JumboMax grips. I bought a driver from my buddy and had it regripped and reshafted. I let him hit it to try the grip and he drove a green, can't remember the distance, but he started asking me where'd I get the driver from - hahahaha - should've seen his face when he realized it was his old club. Also, I didn't suffer any weird adjustment period and I didn't change my grip - the club just fits my hands better so perhaps I'm more confident and comfortable swinging the sticks.

We put one on my sons Driver after trying it out for over a month, we took it off. It seemed OK to me and I hit some good shots with it but I found myself turning the ball over more with it then my standard grip.

I have one left that I may try some day on my driver.

I have had all of my clubs except for my driver re-gripped with the Med size Jumbomax grips. I am 45 and play 2-3 times a week and play to a 9. The one and only reason I switched was due to finger pain...early onset arthritis was affecting me to the point that after a 5-6 holes my fingers would hurt so much that I actually would not hit long irons due to the pain of hitting down on the ball. The jumbo max changed all of that IMMEDIATELY!! the grips not only provide a little extra "cushion" but the larger size also seems to distribute the impact to my entire hand. These grips have really re-ignited my love for the game...Heck, I am even practicing again!!

I have had all of my clubs except for my driver re-gripped with the Med size Jumbomax grips. I am 45 and play 2-3 times a week and play to a 9. The one and only reason I switched was due to finger pain...early onset arthritis was affecting me to the point that after a 5-6 holes my fingers would hurt so much that I actually would not hit long irons due to the pain of hitting down on the ball. The jumbo max changed all of that IMMEDIATELY!! the grips not only provide a little extra "cushion" but the larger size also seems to distribute the impact to my entire hand. These grips have really re-ignited my love for the game...Heck, I am even practicing again!!
What was your normal ball flight before? I'm currently over drawing/hooking and I was curious if these large grips would be an interesting transition to switch to the other miss???

Sorry for the bump!

i gave them a try, but just didn't feel right . so back to my winn dri-tac about 6 weeks ago

I just ordered a set of these and will see what happens. :D

These are the reason why I'm having the re-gripping issues at Golf Town. All troubles aside, the JumboMax grips are what I want/need for my swing change. I originally thought they were Winn Jumbos, but my bad. They're Medium Jumbos, feel great in my hand (palm). I'm going with the Natural Swing (Moe Norman swing). Before the past holidays, I was only going to re-grip with mid-size grips. Upon coming across Moe Norman videos on YouTube. The things Moe spoke about his swing and how his swing came to be, it just made sense to me. Accuracy from my approach shots is what has evaded me these years. Well, I have the Natural Golf book I ordered, read front to back, back to front. I have the correct grips, well, 6, with 8 more to come. A ton of online footage of Moe's intuitive swing. Plus time to soak it all in until spring arrives.

Hopefully I can find a local dealer so I can get a couple of clubs re-gripped with medium JumboMaxs - thanks for the insight.

Back