Too windy yesterday

That’s around average where I play đŸ˜«
I hear you, about a 2-3 club wind last night. Lot of punched irons and puzzled expressions looking at the number on the bottom of the club :LOL:

Have to say , that is only a zephyr , live in Melbourne , windy most days particularly autumn ( now) and september usually. Dis play once in 90 kmh wind (55 mph) was lots of fun , golf bags an buggies getting blown all over the place . Watching balls turning like jets on approach to runaways lol.

If you think that is windy, you wouldn't like playing in some of the conditions we get over here

Best one I ever remember in the wid - Flushed a 5i (190yd club) that still came up short on an approach of 135yds

If you think that is windy, you wouldn't like playing in some of the conditions we get over here

Best one I ever remember in the wid - Flushed a 5i (190yd club) that still came up short on an approach of 135yds
So true! I recall a couple of years ago (at Seaton Carew if you know it, being local) a 350 yard drive and wedge into the par 5 second severely down wind followed by a flushed 4 iron that came up short on the 150 yard par 3 3rd in the opposite direction. Golf on the UK coast?! đŸ¤£

Playing my first round at Bandon and gusts up to 37 mph are predicted. Luckily today's supposed to be the windiest day out of my 7 upcoming rounds.

Sand in the face, hat blown off your head 50 yards back? I've played in plenty of wind. That sounds more like 30-35mph wind right there. I assume there were some gusts.

~Rock

I hate wind, played a brutal round yesterday, freezing thanks to hurricane like wind chills, I've rarely wanted to leave a golf course but I was ready yesterday, if my group said "let's bail" I would have been all in.

Back