With apologies to @mtbloco and other Suns fans, I hope that the Lakers hang on and beat the Suns tonight. It would put the Jazz in the driver’s seat for the number one seed.

With apologies to @mtbloco and other Suns fans, I hope that the Lakers hang on and beat the Suns tonight. It would put the Jazz in the driver’s seat for the number one seed.
As a Suns fan, I hope they get to play the Jazz in the playoffs. 😉 The suns haven’t made the playoffs in a decade and I would be ecstatic if they won a series to play the Jazz

As a Suns fan, I hope they get to play the Jazz in the playoffs. 😉 The suns haven’t made the playoffs in a decade and I would be ecstatic if they won a series to play the Jazz
If the Suns and Jazz meet in the playoffs, it would mean that the Suns had prevailed in two series, because they are almost certainly going to be the top two seeds, which means that they could only meet in the conference finals.

If the Suns and Jazz meet in the playoffs, it would mean that the Suns had prevailed in two series, because they are almost certainly going to be the top two seeds, which means that they could only meet in the conference finals.
I wasn’t clear. If the Suns win a series, I am happy. If they play the Jazz, I will be ecstatic. I am not expecting much, just making the playoffs after a decade of suck is great.

AD was pretty unstoppable tonight, but the Suns didn’t play well... Booker was inconsistent but that team is dangerous with CP3 in the mix...

that game proved two things to me. 1. the Suns are tired. Watching their lack of Defense is exhibit A. 2. The Lakers are a bad matchup for the Suns.

That said, I want the Suns to be rested going into playoffs, so not getting the 1 seed is ok *IF* they are rested. Now, if they can regroup and learn that they have to play with a passion from the start of every game until the final whistle....and they dispatch the Lakers in round 1.....that just might be the rocket fuel they need for a deep run to a Title chance.

that game proved two things to me. 1. the Suns are tired. Watching their lack of Defense is exhibit A. 2. The Lakers are a bad matchup for the Suns.

That said, I want the Suns to be rested going into playoffs, so not getting the 1 seed is ok *IF* they are rested. Now, if they can regroup and learn that they have to play with a passion from the start of every game until the final whistle....and they dispatch the Lakers in round 1.....that just might be the rocket fuel they need for a deep run to a Title chance.
What you are describing you saw with the Suns is exactly what many of us Jazz fans were seeing with our team. When a team continues to exceed expectations throughout a season and yet continues to push, it can be tiring. The Jazz have lost their backcourt to injury and there is still not set time for their return. When the Jazz came down to Phoenix in that last game and the Suns just walked all over them, the Jazz had hit bottom. I am now seeing a new energy. They are learning to play without Donovan and Conley. I am hoping that the Jazz will go into the playoffs with a second wind now and maybe get their two stars back in time for the second round of the playoffs. Like you, I would much rather see the team energized than have the top seed.

But, hey, if I can have both... 🤩😍😉

This is our year! And yes, that’s exactly how that shirt is going to fit me...
F9B34771-78EF-4E97-B20D-502F4B002A51.jpeg

What you are describing you saw with the Suns is exactly what many of us Jazz fans were seeing with our team. When a team continues to exceed expectations throughout a season and yet continues to push, it can be tiring. The Jazz have lost their backcourt to injury and there is still not set time for their return. When the Jazz came down to Phoenix in that last game and the Suns just walked all over them, the Jazz had hit bottom. I am now seeing a new energy. They are learning to play without Donovan and Conley. I am hoping that the Jazz will go into the playoffs with a second wind now and maybe get their two stars back in time for the second round of the playoffs. Like you, I would much rather see the team energized than have the top seed.

But, hey, if I can have both... 🤩😍😉
exactly. Suns got "lucky" with the time of that last Jazz game.

Hey I’m not picky, but I’d prefer a Sixers/Blazers finals!

Don’t overthink it :LOL:
That is a problem.... with teams like Bucks, Heat, Nets, along with 76ers its going to be interesting, at least to me, to see how this unfolds... with the play in tournament I can see the Wizards winning a game or two and all of a sudden they're in and wreaking havoc at least for the opening round

Edit: probably not winning (Wizards) but taking a team to task and stressing that opening match up

That is a problem.... with teams like Bucks, Heat, Nets, along with 76ers its going to be interesting, at least to me, to see how this unfolds... with the play in tournament I can see the Wizards winning a game or two and all of a sudden they're in and wreaking havoc at least for the opening round
I’m finally confident in the Sixers again as an any given day team. My concern is that they lack the focus and intensity to win series. But it’s been a fun year!

I’m finally confident in the Sixers again as an any given day team. My concern is that they lack the focus and intensity to win series. But it’s been a fun year!
I'll be honest, I worry about sixers closing games where making foul shots determine outcome.... namely Ben Simmons, handles the ball too much to take off the floor but shoots fouls too inconsistently that they may need to in some instances.

I'll be honest, I worry about sixers closing games where making foul shots determine outcome.... namely Ben Simmons, handles the ball too much to take off the floor but shoots fouls too inconsistently that they may need to in some instances.
They’ve done a better job at getting it out of his hands when they know they’re going to foul, but turnovers and empty possessions down the stretch have been killer!

With Russell Westbrook passing Oscar Roberts with now 182 triple doubles and still counting, is he the best player to not win a championship?

I think he has to pass Karl Malone and Charles Barkley on that list.

With Russell Westbrook passing Oscar Roberts with now 182 triple doubles and still counting, is he the best player to not win a championship?

Absolutely not! Yes, it’s personal :LOL: it’s a compelling argument, but I’d still put Chuck and Malone ahead of Russ.

I'm sure when @Tenputt sees this blasphemous post he'll jump right in :p

But, isn't Karl Malone 2nd all time in Scoring? Top 8-10 all time in rebounding? Career leader in foul shots attempted .... foul shots made? 10 or 12 time All NBA 1st team? Don't get me wrong, Russ is unbelievable, but to me he's yet to surpass Malone.... Barkley still by a thin margin in my mind, but Russ still has time to stuff stat sheets, but best way to get off this list?? rhetorical of course

Charles was probably the best small big man I ever saw. What he did with his size I thought was incredible at his time.

Mallone, I never really saw much as you didn’t see much of him in Phila back then. Today, with every game on TV you get a much more in-depth look of all the players’ games.

@fuffle master, you just shot an arrow through my heart, dude! 😂

I don’t think Westbrook ranks ahead of any of the following players (in no particular order) who do not have rings:

Karl Malone
Charles Barkley
John Stockton
James Harden
Chris Paul
Steve Nash
Patrick Ewing
Dominique Wilkins
Elgin Baylor

Last edited:

I don’t think Westbrook ranks ahead of any of the following players (in no particular orderwho do not have rings:

Karl Malone
Charles Barkley
John Stockton
James Harden
Chris Paul
Steve Nash
Patrick Ewing
Dominique Wilkins
Elgin Baylor
The only guy on this list that I think you could even make a compelling argument for Russ over is Dominique. The rest are clearly better.

I don’t think Westbrook ranks ahead of any of the following players (in no particular orderwho do not have rings:

Karl Malone
Charles Barkley
John Stockton
James Harden
Chris Paul
Steve Nash
Patrick Ewing
Dominique Wilkins
Elgin Baylor

Poor Westbrook. He's not getting any love

Back