Poor Westbrook. He's not getting any love
I love things about him. He is fierce. He plays HARD and demands hard play from his teammates. His athleticism at the point guard position has been supreme. He lacks sufficient efficiency to be a top two player on a championship team, IMO. Once he lost a truly efficient scorer like Durrant, his teams have been mediocre and he cannot lift them enough by himself.

I love things about him. He is fierce. He plays HARD and demands hard play from his teammates. His athleticism at the point guard position has been supreme. He lacks sufficient efficiency to be a top two player on a championship team, IMO. Once he lost a truly efficient scorer like Durrant, his teams have been mediocre and he cannot lift them enough by himself.
I can't say I know enough about basketball to argue. I always thought he was a difficult teammate, but a great player which was why he didn't elevate others.

Season is over for us we missed our spot. Im cheering for the Blazers, man Normy is on that team now and who could count out Dame time!!!!

@fuffle master, you just shot an arrow through my heart, dude! 😂

I don’t think Westbrook ranks ahead of any of the following players (in no particular order) who do not have rings:

Karl Malone
Charles Barkley
John Stockton
James Harden
Chris Paul
Steve Nash
Patrick Ewing
Dominique Wilkins
Elgin Baylor
westbrook is a better player then some of those guys but i would not take him over any of them. he is a me guy and cares about stats.

Season is over for us we missed our spot. Im cheering for the Blazers, man Normy is on that team now and who could count out Dame time!!!!
Blazers fan ever since moved to portland in 78 the year after they won. Been close since but never finished. Not sure they’re there yet again but they’ve been strong lately and did you see Dame’s fourth quarter against Phoenix!! But for a dumb last second foul we would’ve won.

westbrook is a better player then some of those guys but i would not take him over any of them. he is a me guy and cares about stats.
I guess it all depends on the parameters for defining greatness. In part, we are saying the same thing, just in a different way. Westbrook is supremely talented as an athlete. He likely is in the top two or three of all point guards who have ever played the game. Aside from chasing stats, though, I don’t think he is a good enough shooter for the position he plays, which is the other reason I rank him below those on the list.

Blazers fan ever since moved to portland in 78 the year after they won. Been close since but never finished. Not sure they’re there yet again but they’ve been strong lately and did you see Dame’s fourth quarter against Phoenix!! But for a dumb last second foul we would’ve won.
I was so disappointed with the ending of that game. A Portland win and the Jazz would now have the 1 seed locked up.

Portland has been on a tear of late. Even though he committed that foul, Norman Powell has really helped the team. There is going to be no easy out in the West playoffs.

Saw this story about Russel Westbrook on ESPN years ago completely changed how i thought about him it is an amazing story and it sounds like since he was young has been a really good guy. D8C79C6B-F9B6-4E43-9BA3-B154557D86AB.png

Saw this story about Russel Westbrook on ESPN years ago completely changed how i thought about him it is an amazing story and it sounds like since he was young has been a really good guy. View attachment 9007993
I totally agree that by all accounts, Westbrook is a superb human being.

Ben Wallace is going into the hall of fame???? o_O
Personally, I like it. Ben Wallace could change a game with his defense in his prime. It’s like the debate about Rudy Gobert. Rudy is the best Jazz player and it is not even close. However, people snicker if anyone suggests that he is a top ten player in the League. I like to see players rewarded who did things to impact the game other than play hero ball and score 25 or 30 points a game.

I guess it all depends on the parameters for defining greatness. In part, we are saying the same thing, just in a different way. Westbrook is supremely talented as an athlete. He likely is in the top two or three of all point guards who have ever played the game. Aside from chasing stats, though, I don’t think he is a good enough shooter for the position he plays, which is the other reason I rank him below those on the list.
i wouild also rank all of the players on your lst over wetbrook
Personally, I like it. Ben Wallace could change a game with his defense in his prime. It’s like the debate about Rudy Gobert. Rudy is the best Jazz player and it is not even close. However, people snicker if anyone suggests that he is a top ten player in the League. I like to see players rewarded who did things to impact the game other than play hero ball and score 25 or 30 points a game.
I watch Jojo dominate rudy. Definitely not a top 10 player. Great defensive player mainly because teams have moved away from a traditional center. Now 6'10 power forwards are centers.

51-21!! What a regular season for the Suns.

Now can the Kings do us a solid?

51-21!! What a regular season for the Suns.

Now can the Kings do us a solid?
I am glad Monty rested the starters and they still got the win.

Can the nets really pull it together with kyrie being Kylie?

i wouild also rank all of the players on your lst over wetbrook

I watch Jojo dominate rudy. Definitely not a top 10 player. Great defensive player mainly because teams have moved away from a traditional center. Now 6'10 power forwards are centers.
He did in the one game this year that they both played. Rudy has made life very difficult for Embiid in the past. We will have to agree to disagree on the level of impact great defensive players have on a game. I doubt that Bill Russell would get much love in this day and age.

I am glad Monty rested the starters and they still got the win.
The one seed in the West comes down to the very last game. The Suns have been awesome. They are fun to watch.

I have been a diehard fan of the Utah Jazz since the team located to Utah in 1979. This is the first time in the history of the franchise that it ended the season with the best record. Twice during Malone/Stockton days, it tied for first, but never alone at 1.

Again, I hope that the Jazz and the Suns meet again, because it would mean that they are in the conference finals and overcame some damn good teams.

My question of the night: Are the Clippers afraid of the Lakers? How do the Clips lose to both Houston and OKC, unless they wanted to avoid the 3 seed and the Lakers in the first round (in case the Lakers ended up in the 6 spot)?

My question of the night: Are the Clippers afraid of the Lakers? How do the Clips lose to both Houston and OKC, unless they wanted to avoid the 3 seed and the Lakers in the first round (in case the Lakers ended up in the 6 spot)?
Would you be surprised to see the Lakers lose the play in to GS? They can get hott and just start raining 3's from everywhere. Then the Lakers would, probably, play your jazz :p

Back