New Colors: Srixon Q-STAR TOUR DIVIDE

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A few months ago, a buzz worthy release in the golf ball segment came in the form of the Srixon Q-STAR TOUR DIVIDE. Two color golf balls that were split down the middle, with half of the ball being red and the other half being yellow.

22-1024x692.jpg

Srixon was not the first to ever split a ball by color, PING had done so decades ago, however never with a premium golf ball featuring a urethane cover. It has been years since the look has been seen in the marketplace and they came back with a bang! The matte finish Srixon DIVIDE immediately began selling out at retail stores we spoke to and members of the...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
The yellow/blue has actually been out for about 2ish weeks, I wondered why Srixon did not make a 'bigger' deal of that.. I obtained some from an online vendor, hmm, maybe they sold them early. Played them at the Father's day scramble with my daughter. I like both versions (colors), look forward to seeing Srixon making these available in many more colors in the coming months and years - I think, as long as the ball plays as nicely as this one does they will have a big hit for a long time. My daughter eagerly awaits the Pink/White or Pink/Lavender - and she never cared much about golf balls, just like to find, hit and lose the Mojo ball and proclaim for the next hole or two that she had lost her mojo (yes, she was the only one laughing). Great work Srixon. One great thing about the ball in general - I don't have a super fast swing speed, and my daughter is even slower - yet this ball performs really well for both of us - the blue can be harder to see when it's blue color up in the rough though - maybe it's me.

Still like the yellow/red combo the best but don't think I would ever play any of them.

My daughter eagerly awaits the Pink/White or Pink/Lavender - and she never cared much about golf balls, just like to find, hit and lose the Mojo ball and proclaim for the next hole or two that she had lost her mojo (yes, she was the only one laughing).
I know you can go down the gender/color stereotype rabbit holes.... but man, my daughter who is six and flirting with the game would love a pink/lavender color...

I know you can go down the gender/color stereotype rabbit holes.... but man, my daughter who is six and flirting with the game would love a pink/lavender color...
I only noted that because she said it. I wanted to try them for fun, and they play great for me. Seeing them play well for her was a bonus. That she indicated a preference for any ball was kinda neat too (since it never happened before). If they don't start producing a ton of color options then, in my opinion they are missing a gigantic opportunity - heck if I worked for them, I'd be looking to license with every major sport and brand the balls with the team logo and colors - even if they are not easily findable in less than ideal places (rough). Sort of what volvik has done with Marvel.

I keep going back and forth on these. I love a good colored ball, but I just don't know. I'm sure performance wise they would be fine. I've seen the yellow and red in the wild and found it really easy to follow, I just can't decide if I would enjoy gaming it myself or find it distracting.

I might try the blues as I like the QST and enjoyed rolling the red and yellow for a while.

While I think those would be fun I don't ever see myself playing with anything like that. The best part would be the built in putting line, you could see how true you struck the ball as it started to roll.

These are so much fun. I can’t imagine a blue ball being easy to see, but maybe paired with the yellow.

I can’t get past the distraction for me on course but loving mine for practice in the short game area and putting green

Not a fan of the orange and yellow, but the new yellow/blue looks cool.

I’ll probably give the yellow/orange a go next time I pick up some golf balls. The red/yellow I tried were wild. The amount of spin you can see is crazy, even off the tee.

I guarantee these balls will show you something you did not know about your game.

I've played the blue/yellow. They are fun. Will give the other colors a shot if I can ever find them.

Glad to see the other color options. I really like using the divide ball. The all around performance is great and it is easy to see. I will be trying the blue out next time I stock up. I always have people asking me about them and have given out a half dozen or so for people to try them out!

Wonder what "50/50" Urethane is:

1624884858095.png

These golf balls are surprisingly popular. I knew people would like them, but they have caught on more than I expected.

Got mine from golf galaxy for Father's day. They mush have put them out early :ROFLMAO:

Yes please!

Got mine from golf galaxy for Father's day. They mush have put them out early :ROFLMAO:
So, when the original color came out, I could not find them in any pro shop - but I play munis they are likely the last place to get new/good/fun stuff.

We went to GG/Dick's new combo store now in a mall anchor position - strangely enough, to look at things as I think it was just after my birthday or maybe a couple weeks before father's day - I wanted to kill a bit of time. All I did was want to see the ball, but first I tried on some shoes, I ended up buying a pair (on line as GG did not have my proper size). My wife and daughter caught up to me with stuff for me (yay!), so on the way to the cashier, it was stop by the ball section, my daughter ran over to the original orange red, grabbed a box said Dad these are cool - and I said they were ones I wanted to sample. So that was that. Enjoyed them and with the 3 for 2 we bought from Academy Sports (I think it's called - as they claimed to have the blue - only place I found that had them). That's the story.

We used them for our par 3 scramble and all was great, we will use them again for the July 4 scramble (weather permitting!).

played with a guy that was playing the red/yellows yesterday...interesting to watch fly and roll. not sure if they're for me, tho. i am not opposed to trying them out, tho

No...no...no...no....no.....
While I like the Q-Star in solid yellow, I despise the multi-colored balls by any company.
If I wanted to play with a beach ball, I would go to the beach with my nephews and nieces.
That being said, I hold no ill will for anyone who wants to play these. Happy Monday !

These are definitely a cool looking golf ball option.

Aww man... It would have been nice if the orange/yellow was available during the Buy 2 Get 1 free sale from srixon. As it is, I've got 2 dozen red/yellow and 1 dozen blue/yellow.

I find QST's to be a bit too soft for my tastes, but if they make a version in yellow and green or green and white, I'll certainly give them a go. Ideally, Srixon would offer Z Star Divides as well.

Back