Recent content by 2ezGolf

1. 2

What positves are you taking from your last round?

Played Friday and Saturday. Friday 2 birdies 2 Pars. Saturday 4 pars.... Had 2 monster drives that went where I wanted them to go. But felt like I was playing some real golf. :) Even though only 8 0f 36 and scores were the usual... felt like I was playing golf. Not chase the ball.
  2. 2

The Grint

How many of you on here use the Grint App? If not is there an app you prefer?
  3. 2

Course setup to reign in bomb and gouge

The problem is you're looking for an even playing field. That will never happen. The elite are just that. ELITE... You can't cater to the field. You don't want parity. You want the elite. And lengthening now will cater to the best players on tour and spur on the next generation of amazing...
  4. 2

You're fun! lol. I said You can't try to stop one style of play. And trying to is not ok. I also listed at least 3 different champions this year and they all have a different style. My point isn't to not make a more challenging course. It's to not be mad at someone's style or choice as to how...
  5. 2

Trying to Break 100

Agreed. Could have used a few cold ones and a cigar today. Started at 7am with a new partner. Didn't feel like the first round out on Monday morning was the time to show exactly all the glory of my personality....lol
  6. 2

Trying to Break 100

Yeah. Me and my buddy were discussing that today. Being athletic helps. But it's more of a skill game than and athletic sport. To me sports and athleticism are running jumping and catching. You can slide kicking and throwing or shooting in for soccer and baseball or basketball. But shooting a...
  7. 2

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Was battling between ProV1x and TP5x. Found a Snell MTB-Black. Played it for about 7 holes before it decided it was done with me and flew away. I was surprised at how well it performed. I'm not sure which model the Black or the X is supposed to match up with which ball. The ProV1/TP5 or the...
  8. 2

Trying to Break 100

Agreed..... I always used to say I prefer being in the first cut than on the fairway. My point was that when I missed it was so bad it didn't even matter. Looked back at my stats and I with that FIR % I hit 0 Greens. **** all over them. But only had 32 putts. Which looks like it kept me from...
  9. 2

Honestly I don't understand the need or want to try and shut a players game down. Or prove that they aren't better than the course. If you want to implement a standard than do so. But a basketball court is one size. A football field the same. Baseball you will get a different configuration and...
  10. 2

Trying to Break 100

Well did it all over again today..... I've been really trying to focus on getting better. Had a couple of good range days. Felt like I understood my swing.... Went out today and nope!!!! Hit a Standard 109. Worst part is I'm all over the place right now on distances. Was pretty consistent...
  11. 2

Iron suggestions

I hit the Hot Metal Mizunos and they were super consistent. When I went to get fit the Ping I500s won out. Great player iron look. Have had several ask why I hit blades. Club look and feel are great. The only knock on them are the sound. I didn't notice during trial or first few rounds. As I...
  12. 2

Hitting a Draw

My game has always been about just hitting straight. A few years back I did have a fade/slice I could hit on command to play around trees. My driver for a few years I had a baby draw. But it was a natural thing. Didn’t intend or even ever learn how to. Dropped the game a few years. Now I’m back...
  13. 2

Tour Event 2020 US Open Contest and Thread

Matthew Wolff 7/10
  14. 2

Trying to Break 100

Had to double take that and check where you live.... I was living in Deer Ridge. Golf course same name. However, I'm in Brentwood, California. The northern Brentwood. And that track closed up shop 2yrs ago. Now it's just open space.
  15. 2

Trying to Break 100

Played a beautiful course today. Darkhorse in Auburn, CA. It's under new management. It was purchased a year ago and it isn't quite in perfect conditions but even with the minor things that need to be done it's by far the most beautiful course I've played this year. Just about every hole looks...
Back