Recent content by 4maddogs

1. 4

New hybrid suggestions

Yes, all, my clubs are graphite….even the cavity back wedges. (Old but I can use them so will keep them). I think I will go for a 6h and take my 5 and 6 irons out as I already have a 4h. I may be able to find a Rogue to match, but if not will hit a few different ones.
  2. 4

New hybrid suggestions

My irons are quite strong…..game improver level, I would say. The 4h is 21deg. I think I will go for a 6h and leave the 5 and 6 iron out…..saves some weight too.
  3. 4

New hybrid suggestions

I would love my 6 iron to go 170yards!!
  4. 4

New hybrid suggestions

Thanks! The irons and wedges are all graphite shafts. I don’t think I could wield steel.
  5. 4

New hybrid suggestions

Yes, but I would prefer to keep consistency with the 4h I already have.
  6. 4

New hybrid suggestions

Bit of context: Just getting back to golf after a 4 year break. Retired now so have time. I never played regularly enough to improve. I am 65, arthritic and, because I didn’t go below 35 handicap, not expecting a lot….just want to enjoy it and improve a bit. I have some decent clubs….Callaway...
  7. 4

Hybrid suggestions

I am a very, very poor female player with a slow swing speed. I play Taylormade aeroburners irons (5- sw). I use a Taylormade jetspeed driver and a cleveland gap wedge. All in ladies shafts and I am happy enough with these. i also have an oldish Cleveland hybrid (20 degree 3h) and it is this I...
  8. 4

Difference between senior shaft and ladies

Hi I am a high handicap senior female player...cannot get off 36. I don't play often enough to improve much :( I have been playing with senior shaft Cleveland HB3 irons that play nicely enough if I hit in the right direction! No problem getting the ball in the air if I don't top it. I have...
  9. 4

Bionic stable grip glove

I have a pair of the Bionic relief gloves as I have some very swollen arthritic joints. I don't need them all the time and find them very thick. I forget to take the right glove off and I find I duff short shots! I was wondering about the stable grip for when my hands are OK. Does anyone use...
  10. 4

Cleveland cg black vs 588 cb wedges

Just wondering what the difference is? I currently play an ancient (2nd hand to me) CG15 sand wedge, 56 high bounce, that is showing its age and a 588 52 wedge. I am a high handicapper (first year of playing) and could do with something more forgiving. I have senior shafts and they suit me...
  11. 4

Taylormade RBZ stage 2 driver

I am hoping for some beginners advice please. I bought one of these....HL in senior shaft to replace a kit drive. It was the best club that I demoed for me. However I have developed a pronounced slice ....which is getting a bit better, but i am nervous of the slice so make it worse! I had a...
Back