Recent content by 92Esquire

1. 92Esquire

Got some clubs I've wanted for a long time this week.

I've been away from playing for a couple years. I had an injury, followed by an exceptionally bad time playing a difficult course. Recently, I've found a reason to play again. I realize that the mental part of the game can teach me something that I think I need. When I started playing golf...
  2. 92Esquire

Design your own putter pictures and review!

Here is the finished putter from my winning entry in the "Design your own" putter contest with Sizemore golf. My initial entry is below: During the discussions, Scott felt like my design would be perfect for a work of art, a one-off handmade putter as opposed to a highly machined cnc piece...
  3. 92Esquire

Review of the Sizemore KB-2/XB-2

As part of the discussions of the "Design your own putter" contest, Scott at Sizemore and I talked at length about the company's other putters. I mentioned that I'd been watching XB-2's on eBay for the past year, but had yet to pull the trigger. Scott offered to send me one to try out...
  4. 92Esquire

New driver day - thanks for the help, THP!

My local Edwin Watts is having a "tent sale" this weekend, and pretty much everything in the joint is on sale. CG-14 wedges are marked down to $79, used clubs are cut way back, etc. I haven't talked much about it, but for the past few weeks I've left the driver in the bag. My Nike SQ 460 just...
  5. 92Esquire

Learning to slow down

So I have a problem. Actually, lots of them - but there's only one I'm going to cover here. Growing up in my family, one of the absolute worst sins a child could commit was the sin of "BEING IN THE WAY". If I wasn't aware of what was going on around me, and a grownup had to stop and wait for...
  6. 92Esquire

Question about model numbers

What is the difference between the lettering conventions? I've seen SB-1, XB-1, and KB-1 that all appear to refer to the same shape. I thought that the SB's were a plain steel face, and the XB's were inserts, but I think I've seen XB's without inserts and KB's with inserts. What's the difference?
  7. 92Esquire

I tried Adams irons. I can feel the grey hair sprouting...

I'm probably getting a new set of irons this fall. My MX-19's are OK, but I would like something that is not quite as shovel-esque. I've had my eye on MX-200's since they were released, but I also really like the looks of the Nike Splits (although I know I don't have the game for them). While...
  8. 92Esquire

New bag pics - Ogio Syncro

I've been wanting a cart bag for a while. My Nike Extreme Sport II bag is great for walking and taking to the range, but it really leaves a lot to be desired both on a pullcart and a riding cart. SWMBO and I are talking about buying a pair of ClicGears, so I would like something better than...
  9. 92Esquire

Belt buckles - how big is too big?

OK, so the THP buckle is the first belt buckle I've had since I was about 10. But it's turned me into a buckle wannabe. I can't help it, it's just kind of happening. So the THP buckle is 2" by 3" (roughly). How big is too big? The reason I ask is that I've found some buckles I REALLY...
  10. 92Esquire

Odd new putter day (a few images)

I've been prowling the used racks at the local golf shops, plus the city's Play-it-again sports. Occasionally I'll find something cool, but I rarely buy anything. Never really been that close to buying one of their beat-up Camerons. However, I noticed this putter there a few weeks ago, and...
  11. 92Esquire

All I want in a golf shoe

OK, as much as I'm as unfashionable as they come, there's one thing that I want in golf fashion. I want golf shoes that look like Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars. High top or low top, it doesn't matter. I've worn them since the late 80's (when they could only be found at surplus stores)...
  12. 92Esquire

Great night last night - first time walking with Mrs. 92

Mrs. 92 and I took up golf last summer. I've become a bit more smitten than she has, but she still enjoys going now and then. We decided that we'd try to get out on a Saturday evening, and found that the best time to play is while college football is on. We didn't quite have the course to...
  13. 92Esquire

New wedge day

Even before my golf layoff, I'd been struggling with my 56 degree wedge. When I had my feel right, it was an amazing club. But when I was a teensy little bit off, every swing was either a trenchdigger behind the ball, or a skulled shot that went about 150. My 56 has been a Mizuno MP-R for the...
  14. 92Esquire

I'm back, I think

After almost 8 weeks, I think I can swing a golf club again. For those following along at home, I tore a muscle in my left shoulder while stretching after the best drive I've ever hit. I was told no golf or fishing for one month. So to give me something to do, I bought a new camera, and spent...
  15. 92Esquire

Golf-free for one month.

Well, this is one way to break an addiction. Last weekend while playing my "home" muni in Minnesota, I felt a snap in my left shoulder after some stretching and hitting a good drive. My left shoulder had been a bit sore for a couple weeks, but I figured it would go away. My new instructor's...
Back