Recent content by agd

1. agd

Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

That's what I was afraid of...with everybody picking up golf right now they're probably doing well enough to not need it. Oh well! Has anybody compared the Max LS and the TSi3?
  2. agd

Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

does anybody know whether or not callaway will be offering their usual 50% trade-in bonus this year? i just called and got an evasive answer from the salesperson. essentially "as of now we haven't been told that it is in the plans, but that could always change." epic max LS is very intriguing...
  3. agd

Fujikura Ventus Shafts

Update: Ended up trying both and going with the VR. It just felt smoother for my swing - the classic Graphite Design feel.
  4. agd

Fujikura Ventus Shafts

It also might make sense for me to just go test them...but browsing ebay and thinking about the possibilities is so fun
  5. agd

Fujikura Ventus Shafts

Very intriguing... I can get my hands on a VR 6S for under $200, so I'll have to figure out if the Ventus is $100+ better for me. Think it will come down to what brings stability without promoting too much of a push/slice (which is why the VR interests me - sounds like it would load/unload...
  6. agd

Fujikura Ventus Shafts

Oh brilliant! What have you noticed in comparison of how the two load (and how would you describe your transition)? Does one or the other feel like it has more kick? And also - is the super stiff/stable tip of the Ventus as noticeable as Fujikura says it will be vs. the VR?
  7. agd

Fujikura Ventus Shafts

Anybody hit any of these in comparison with the GD Tour AD VR?
  8. agd

Fujikura Ventus Shafts

Currently playing stiff flexes - used to play X but swing speed isn't what it used to be (105ish these days). Seeming like the Red is coming along as a good starting point - thinking 6S. Thanks for your help! Yeah I have tried to like the Smoke line and it is just a no-go for me. Smoke Black...
  9. agd

Fujikura Ventus Shafts

Anybody have thoughts on the Ventus Blue vs. the Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow? The EI profiles look similar in shape, but the marketing around performance seems quite different between the two. I currently play the Smoke Yellow, but find myself really having to step on the gas during my...
Back