Recent content by balls_deep

1. B

Golf balls for slow swing speeds

common misconception. Low compression balls are generally worse distance wise for all golfers. Look at some TXG and MGS stuff.
  2. B

New P700 Series Irons from TaylorMade Golf

Anybody else hit the p7mb or mc?
  3. B

The torque number is weird to me especially because they feel quite stiff in the hands. I fought the left side with them when I played them for a bit last year. They were in t100 which I don’t like but they only wanted to draw. The fade seemed to just want to go upwards even with the 125tx. You...
  4. B

Thanks. Most of their pros use the MC. The guys with protos - ie best ball strikers in the world use 730s but it’s rare to see even a single guy in the full set of P7MB. Likely I’ll go with a full set of MC and order an extra 770 4i weak in case I feel like I need help. Will you be gaming one of...
  5. B

Any forgiveness advantage of the MC over the new MB? From your numbers it would seem not. Also where are you at with the MMT?
  6. B

Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

I know you have TCB as well. I have sets of ZX7 and TCB. The TCB I have not played on course yet only on sim. They are extremely spinny compared to the ZX7. Which do you prefer and why? Also + cap
  7. B

2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

Lol no I'm just saying that TM drivers are inherently fade bias. That's fine but they're notoriously harder to turn over. I play a draw. My buddy who is also a +1 who I play matches against all the time and who played college says he's never had a driver harder to turn over than his Sim. We both...
  8. B

2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

They are not a game changer. FWIW I think Cally drivers are always a little easier to hit and go a lot straighter without the fade bias. Even Tiger's at the PNC had weight all the way in draw setting which is typical. They cover up hook swings pretty well but on the whole they're quite fade bias...
  9. B

Club Champion Acquires TXG

IMO Matt wouldn’t have bailed if not for significant ethical issues with the decision. First video without him had a quality drop, watching Ian test things is dramatically less satisfying, and the driver bracket will never be the same. I get it from a business standpoint but the spirit of TXG...
  10. B

Anybody know anything about Project X Satin?

Fit into Project X 6.5. Have a fellow with a set of the original Satin pulls in 6.5. Anybody know how they compare to the new chrome ones? I have read mixed reports of them playing softer or stiffer.
  11. B

should I soft step my shafts?

Soft stepping is a very minute feel change. I wouldn't bother.
  12. B

Cam Smith Talk

I’d bet a lot of other tour players wouldn’t love getting him in match play. Guy didn’t blink playing against rahm.
  13. B

For Sale 🦄 Callaway Tour Issue/Van Apex Pro Double Dot MINT

Long time poster on other forums with perfect feedback. Selling a MINT 4-PW set of Apex Pro 19 Double Dot irons. These are one piece forged with extra grooves, no cupface, thinner topline, less offset and smaller overall profile. These things are Mizuno marshmallow soft. TC serial straight off...
  14. B

Anyone have issues with Ping/Nippon AWT 2.0 shaft?

Hit the G400 irons into the sim yesterday with stiff AWT 2.0 shaft. Only had a chance to use the 7 iron as that was all they had for demo. Struggling with my current AP1 714 irons with XP 95 stiff. I was only getting 4800rpm backspin with my 7i which is weird since I thought the XP 95 was a high...
Back