Recent content by bigswinger83

1. bigswinger83

Tiger Woods in Car Crash

Hope he recovers quickly and with minimal pain; so sorry to hear about this. Major bummer.
  2. bigswinger83

Most forgiving Driver for a high handicapper?

I need to bookmark this thread. My iron shots are pretty solid; but i can't hit woods for **** unless i'm at the driving range. Out on the course for a one-off shot, always a hook or a slice......yuck.
  3. bigswinger83

Any clubs made in the USA anymore?

The official word from Bill at Ping: "Thank you for your recent email to PING and for your inquiry about our products. While we have gone to some sourcing of materials overseas, we do continue to make golf club heads at our foundry in Phoenix, Arizona, including many of the heads for our G25...
  4. bigswinger83

CONTEST Tiger Woods Signed 2019 Masters Pin Flag

Wow! Going to enter as soon as i get off this MS teams meeting.
  5. bigswinger83

That is what P53 is doing, but on a very limited scale. I am learning something though from this thread...best to support privately owned companies first, many of which at the very least are assembling their clubs in the USA and putting golf first and not the shareholder.
  6. bigswinger83

Don't Miss Live Sports As Much As I Thought. What Say You?

I don't miss it at all because the football season is over. Did miss the Masters though... :'(
  7. bigswinger83

You could see from the website how you might think that though... "all Exotics and Hot Launch clubs are hand built in the United States in Batavia, Illinois and then distributed throughout the world. Every Tour Edge club comes with a Lifetime Warranty and a 30-day play guarantee." built being...
  8. bigswinger83

Hats of all Kinds - Are You a Hat Person?

I have a few ball caps for sure but not really a "hat guy." That being said when sailing or golfing i wear a Tilley hat, with a fairly wide brim (3-4 inches) It's sort of a "Dad hat" but also has that cool Indiana Jones/Explorer vibe to it as well. The main reason i wear it it to keep the sun...
  9. bigswinger83

Worst golf apparel look?

White belts. Still haven't hopped on that trend 5+ years down the road (I know, everyone loves em')
  10. bigswinger83

Still looking for my USA made clubs...lol. Emailed Scott for an update. P53 has never returned an email or contact. May have to get a set of Lynx Parallax off ebay in the meantime just for fun.
  11. bigswinger83

Anyone know of ANY clubs made in the USA? Are PXG's? Can't find any info online about it. Thanks
  12. bigswinger83

Best Classic/Retro style golf club brands or lines

I was wondering what brands out there make the most vintage or just classic/classy looking clubs that contain modern tech. I was perusing the Ben Hogan website the other day and find the clubs VERY visually appealing. I was wondering what else out there has that timeless vibe (or at least...
  13. bigswinger83

Wedge help for newbies

So, the last time I played this game I had a PW and a SW. Now, after picking up some new clubs recently, and at the advice of the gentleman fitting me, I have a PW 52 56 60 So my questions is, what wedge do I use for what? The PW is pretty straight forward...but then the 52 is an approach...
  14. bigswinger83

I'm not good at golf and i'm okay with that-is that bad?

I played 9 at the local three par the other day and when I came in from the round the bartender asked how my round went after I said "mostly bogeys or double bogeys" and she kind of winced and said "oh, that's too bad." I smiled back at her and said, actually I haven't played in fifteen years...
  15. bigswinger83

Golf club feel-varies highly between brands or?

So I recently bought a set of TaylorMade RSi1 irons. They hit beautifully, and contact with the ball feels soft as butter. They are a pleasure to hit. The guy at dicks (saw me coming a mile away) then proceeded to sell me a set of Titlelist wedges, a 52, a 56 and a 60. Because they are the...
Back