Any clubs made in the USA anymore?

bigswinger83

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone know of ANY clubs made in the USA?

Are PXG's? Can't find any info online about it.

Thanks

First, we have to agree on what we mean by "made". Are we talking designed and all components manufactured and final assembly in the U.S.A. or some subset of this?

Fully designed and manufactured.

Ben Hogan rep today told me their club heads are made in Taiwan but they are "assembled" in the USA.

Heck the old Lynx clubs from the 90's used to say "Made in the USA" right on the blade, haha.

Probably not i'm guessing. But 100% of the golf clubs in the world can't be made in Asia no?

Bettinardi and Byron Morgan putters are made in the USA.

I believe Ping has some that are.

Besides some putters, not much is manufactured here in the US anymore. Environmental regulations, labor costs and other factors made it tough to stay here and be competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bettinardi and Byron Morgan putters are made in the USA.

Nope. They don't make their own grips, nor does it appear they manufacture their own shafts. Bettinardi uses Lamkin grips. Neither appears to make their putter covers either. It's why I asked BigSwinger what he meant by "made". When your criteria are design and manufacturer all the components, and final assembly, it's going to be hard to find someone that does all that. We live in an age of specialization.

Define made. If you are talking about heads manufactured in the US you are gonna be har pressed to find anyone. If by made you mean assembled in the USA then a lot of them.

I think the Scott golf heads are made in the USA

Do you know a model? Some limited edition maybe?

I thought they had a foundry where they made replacement heads. I assume by now they don't do this anymore?

Is that true? Did this change recently?

Most of his iron lines are milled really well, but the actual design looks "vaguely familiar" :act-up:
Lots of companies are picking up irons like this now and doing some work to them.

Define made. If you are talking about heads manufactured in the US you are gonna be har pressed to find anyone. If by made you mean assembled in the USA then a lot of them.

Yeah I asked that same question on post #2 and the poster responded in post #3. He means it all: design, manufuacturing of components and final assembly.

Just checked their website. Don’t know where they’re made but they’re priced higher than Miura. On top of the price, they charge like $350 if you want, say, Modus 120

Most of his iron lines are milled really well, but the actual design looks "vaguely familiar" :act-up:
Lots of companies are picking up irons like this now and doing some work to them.

No clue that’s why I put “I think”. You can see why I would think that based on their site.

http://www.scottgolf.com

are you saying that companies have reached a new level in milling and finishing and premade product? :alien:

i laughed when wilson caught some flak when they did their china tour on DvD, like hello everybody does it

I thought I read somewhere that BombTech golf clubs are manufactured in the USA. Not 100% sure though.

If it includes everything including the grip, shaft band, shaft, head cover, paint, plastic wrap and the box it comes in I doubt any are all American. The only reason they are made overseas is the cost of labor, period.

Depending on the grip, SeeMore putters.

Just emailed Scott to see if they are making them in the USA. I guess it's unlikely to find a club that's fully made in the USA (shaft and grip) but it would be cool to find some heads that are. You think there would be one or two specialty companies out there making grip and or shafts domestically, more likely than heads even. Anyone find anything else?

Bombtech are not made in the USA i reached out to the owner. He said he tried and it's nearly impossible these days; said the QA was actually lower for the putters he tried to make in the US.

The only brand I know that are made from raw materials to finished product in the USA are the P53 irons. They will cost you 5K+ for a set! That's why most are made overseas.

Back