Recent content by blakevt

1. blakevt

At this time of year, which part of your bag has gone the longest without an update?

It was my Driver, but new one arrived yesterday, irons are oldest now.
  2. blakevt

Happy Birthday Thread

Thank You!
  3. blakevt

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Chipping was killing me, I pulled the trigger on the Ping and have not been disappointed. In 27 holes and a session at the range I have not hit one thin or fat. I have hit it few long and few short (only because the speed at which I hit the chip), but always stayed on the green . It looks to...
  4. blakevt

Southern Pines, NC - Course suggestions

Longleaf and The Legacy (for budget) Pine Needles, Mid-Pines and Southern Pines for bucket list
  5. blakevt

Pinehurst area for beginners

Legacy and Long Leaf are both fun courses.
  6. blakevt

Pros and Cons - North Carolina (Charlotte) edition

I used to live in Mooresville (in the mid 90's), it is a nice area, Charlotte area has grown exponetially since then. Traffic is a bit much for me. Mooresville has some nice golf courses, the municiple course is a good one and they have put some money into it to keep it nice. Lake Norman has...
  7. blakevt

Your last 10 years in irons?

Callaway Apex 2019 Callaway X20
  8. blakevt

Titleist isn't going to like this.....

Agree, that was my thought too, I really thought the driver would be 20 yards longer, when it wasn't my first thought was where is all the distance coming from?
  9. blakevt

North of Myrtle Beach recommendations

Glen Dornach is a lot of fun. Grand Dunes I highly recommend if you want to go a little further south. Carolina National is pretty good (Right off 211 before you get to 17 when leaving Oak Island). Also they rebuilt the club house on Oak Island, course is not a bad track if you want to limit...
  10. blakevt

Playing Tot Hill Farm Tomorrow!

Let us know how it goes.
  11. blakevt

Playing Tot Hill Farm Tomorrow!

Enjoy, and don't get to caught up on score, Stranz courses are not what I would call fair, but they are fun.
  12. blakevt

A Band Everyone Seems to Love, but You Can't Stand.

Red Hot Chili Peppers.
  13. blakevt

Do you play better when you walk or ride?

I do better walking, but will come in leaking oil on the last couple holes if I am not in shape and/or it is hot (> 85 degrees).
  14. blakevt

Golf in Norfolk, VA

If you are at Oceana Naval Air Station they have 2 golf courses on base (Aeropines Golf Club, (Tomcat and Hornet)). The 3 courses GolfTravelDude mentioned are all good courses.
  15. blakevt

How many courses have you played?

156 courses. 8 states. (VA, NC, SC, TN, GA, FL, NV and CA) 3 countries. (US, Mexico and Jamaica) Tried to keep scorecards from each course for awhile, but it became to hard to keep up with. Read in Golf Digest one year to create a list and keep for reference, so I have a spreadsheet I keep...
Back