Recent content by C.H.U.D.

1. C

Rental car cargo space reqs/recommendations for two set of clubs in soft travel bags + other luggage

Thanks all. Went the minivan route. Hitting up Kiawah Island for a big milestone birthday, and was able to get one of the days on The Ocean Course! Can't wait!
  2. C

Rental car cargo space reqs/recommendations for two set of clubs in soft travel bags + other luggage

Anyone have recommendations about how much cargo space required for two set of clubs in soft travel bags (Caddy Daddy size) plus luggage for four people? Or have specific vehicle recommendations that will accommodate the same? I'm thinking a full size SUV like a Pathfinder or Tahoe would...
  3. C

When does my line become the next closest golfer’s line?

Thanks all. I get it, and see where I'm misstepping (pun absolutely intended). I'm very conscious of everyone's lines (except my own when I sometimes lose sight of my own marker lol) and either sit tight or walk around, but where it's gotten tricky for me is just very this very specific...
  4. C

Wow, that escalated quickly. Lol. Good to know you can sum up someone's character from an honest question posted on an internet site. Do you also guess weight and read palms?
  5. C

It generally only happens when we're on a very similar line and I am away and putt first. I should definitely get in the habit of asking whether to mark or putt out, that's on me for sure. I do make efforts to not walk in anyone's line of course, but not everyone uses the most visible markers...
  6. C

A little more info would probably help. Lol. After I putt and am on my way to retrieve/mark/putt in, the next closer golfer who was using my line to learn what his/her line should be, is he/she in the right to complain that I have walked in his/her line when (in my mind at least) it's still...
  7. C

Etiquette question here. When I’m away on the green, and my buddy is getting a free look at his future line from my putt, at what point does it become HIS line after I putt and retrieve/mark/putt in?
  8. C

NYC & Long Island golfers - Local status updates?

So far no joy on the NYC courses. I called Kissena last week to see if they had any info on planned opening date, and they said they were hoping to open this Monday but that didn't happen. I did get out to Bethpage to play the Green this week, and it was absolutely beautiful.
  9. C

NYC & Long Island golfers - Local status updates?

Anyone hear when your local NYC or Long Island course is slated to reopen following the new guidance from Albany this week? I've heard as early as Monday, as late as who knows. Just trying to zero in a little bit on when to look for tee times. :LOL:
  10. C

Headcover On Your Putter

11. C

NYC Area Golfers - weekday and weekend

Hey all. Looking to expand my group of golfers. I have a pretty flexible work schedule, and can hit any of the NYC courses during the week with a little planning. Weekends are of course open. I’m an ok golfer, nothing spectacular. Shot an 88 today at Douglaston while “not playing hooky” from...
  12. C

Caddy Daddy CDX-10 vs TGW Ultimate - Travel Cover Decision

I don’t plan on traveling a lot with my clubs, but I do have a trip in April coming up where I am bringing them so I need to get something decent. Black Friday deals are cropping up, and these two seem like they have pretty consistently good reviews. Does anyone here have experience with...
  13. C

Left handed golfer - adjusting my driver lie angle and perimeter weighting

This may be a silly question, but when adjusting my driver's lie angle and shot shape as a left handed golfer, would I just reverse what would be recommended for a right hander? i.e. If a RH golfer is missing right, the recommendation is to adjust the lie angle and perimeter weighting for a...
  14. C

Nothing new IN the bag - Sun Mountain & Clicgear witb

Last week my new (refurb’d) Clicgear 3.5+ arrived and I got to take it out to Douglaston this weekend. Perfect condition, wouldn’t even know it had been used but for the price tag. Really like it a lot. Easy to fold and unfold after a few practice tries, solid as a rock, easy to move around...
  15. C

New Clubs Day! Thanks for all of the help and welcomes!

Thanks everyone who chimed in on my earlier threads about getting back into golf and picking up a set of clubs for the first time in a long while. I am still waiting on the 6-9 X2 Hot Irons to show up tonight, and heading to the driving range tomorrow to try out the entire set over a few...
Back