Recent content by Catastrophi

1. Catastrophi

Kolache and other goodies found in TX

They only open 3 days a week so they can concentrate their efforts on those three days from what I've read / seen about them. They typically have lines out the door and open till sell out.
  2. Catastrophi

Kolache and other goodies found in TX

I would recommend checking out some Texas BBQ spots! Goldee's BBQ (Fort Worth) was recently rated number 1 in Texas Monthly magazine. Terry Black's is always solid and is in Dallas!
  3. Catastrophi

Where is Your Next Golf Trip?

Just got back from our 2nd leg of the RTJ trail. We played The Shoals and Hampton Cove. 5 rounds in 3 days in 95 deg weather was rough, but had a blast. The Highlands was by far the best of the 5 rounds we played. Time to plan our 3rd leg in Montgomery to play Cambrian Ridge, Capitol Hill, and...
  4. Catastrophi

Tell me about your wedges

I have Ping Stealth Glide 2's in the bag in 52 and 56. Thinking about adding a 60, but I'm not sure how much use I'd realistically get out of it.
  5. Catastrophi

How many states have you played golf in?

6 for me Texas Louisiana Arizona Alabama Florida Tennessee
  6. Catastrophi

What club do you play...?

Ping G410 4 Hybrid - Love this club.
  7. Catastrophi

Planning to Complete the RTJ

Wish we woulda played Pursell Farms when we were in Birmingham, but just didn't have the time. We're planning Cambrian/Capitol Hill/Grand National for June. We're from Texas so we're flying into Alabama for each trip.. Highland hills is going to be a pain... Thinking about turning that one...
  8. Catastrophi

Wildlife seen on the course..?

We played Hermitage close to Nashville and they're known for having sheep on their course!
  9. Catastrophi

We've had a blast on our first trip and can't wait to go back. We played 72 holes on our first trip. It's the best bang for your buck!
  10. Catastrophi

Hey Hackers - a group of my buddies and I are looking to complete the RTJ trail over the next year or two. We have completed Silver Lakes, Oxmoor Valley, and Ross Bridge. Next destination will be Montgomery for Capitol Hill, Cambrian Ridge and Grand National. For those that have completed the...
  11. Catastrophi

What College Fraternity where you in?

Kappa Alpha Order (Lamar University)
  12. Catastrophi

Golf trips coming up?

We have a group that is going to try and finish the Robert Trent Jones trail in Alabama. Great budget trip and great golf! We did the courses around Birmingham this past year. We're planning on doing Montgomery this year to play Capitol Hill, Grand National, and Cambrian Ridge!
  13. Catastrophi

GRIP CHECK! What’s in the bag?

Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 on irons.. Just tried the Superstroke on my driver and really like it!
  14. Catastrophi

Favorite hole on your home course?

My "home" course is just a local muni, but hole 6 is a hard dog leg left that's very high risk/high reward. Houses line the the dog leg so if you pull it too hard you'll end up in a backyard, but if you cut the corner right over the houses you can be at the edge of the green. Just super...
  15. Catastrophi

Are You Traveling in 2021

I just took a trip to Alabama to play the RTJ Trail. It was fantastic. Coming into the week the weather looked pretty rough with possibilities of rain in the 80%-98% range, but we were able to squeeze out all 4 rounds. We played Silverlakes Backbreaker and Mindbreaker, Oxmoor Valley Ridge and...
Back