Recent content by chicogolf

1. chicogolf

Does this seam like a reasonable way to counter sandbagging during league play?

Hi Folks We are in a twilight league and my team is actually doing well. The league admins state they are always trying to combat sandbagging and speed up play. I will not allow anybody on my team that does not accurately record and report their scores, but that doesn't really matter, in the...
  2. chicogolf

FS: Foot-Joy M-Project, Puma Faas Lite Mesh 2.0 (2 pairs), all size 9.5

Selling a few pair of shoes. I used the Bay and the google for price references. Let me know if I'm off base. First is a new pair of Puma Faas Lite 2.0's. Size 9.5. $40 shipped/obo. I also have a used pair of the Faas Lite's. Size 9.5. Worn about 8-10 rounds. $25 shipped/obo. Last...
  3. chicogolf

any THP folk in Bakersfield or nearby?

In town for the holidays. Here until 12/26. Anybody up for a round? As a secondary request, anybody have an extra golf bag I can borrow? I was only able to pack my actual clubs and was planning on renting something from the course. Our next stop in our travels (Cambria) has a bag waiting...
  4. chicogolf

FS: Boomerang Putting Pro training aid w/ 2 mats

8/19/14: ****SOLD***** Picked this up a while back and, with young kids, I just don't have the time to use it. Was pretty cool the few times I was able to spend time with it. THP review on the item: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=12645 It has 2 putting mat speeds: the "prestwick" and...
  5. chicogolf

First swing post; would love some feedback

First, some background: I get lessons every couple of months, but always like some additional input or something that can space out the lesson costs. Feedback has been I take the club back too far inside, have a variable hinge pattern, then lay it open, then come too steep. If I then proceed...
  6. chicogolf

WTB: SGI iron set, .25 - 1" long, reg flex

Hi Folks Trolling for a friend. He's probably a 30 handicap and wants to play more. He's 6'4" and the ancient std length clubs are clearly too short for him. He wants something functional before embarking in lessons. If said lessons take, he says he'll do a proper fitting and upgrade the irons...
  7. chicogolf

Is my logic flawed? (extrapolating shaft choice from 3w shaft success)

Ok, frankly, I'm trying to save some $ and travel time here. I'm 90min away from the nearest quality driver fitting and have young kids...so.... I paid a pretty penny for my Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 3w with Matrix Ozik 6Q3.1 Red Tie stiff shaft. I wasn't going to pay $250 for a freaking...
  8. chicogolf

WTB: Odyssey Versa #9 or #1 Wide 34"

Thought I'd post a WTB before picking one up off fleaBay.. WBW preferred, but I'm open... thanks
  9. chicogolf

WTB: Stan Utley's "The Art of Putting" book

Was going to pick one up off eBay and got the recycle bug. I figured somebody here has one collecting dust on the shelf. Probably save a few bucks too. Anybody?
  10. chicogolf

Anybody ever had this shoulder injury? (impingement tight posterior capsule)

Hi Folks Well, I haven't swung a club about 4 weeks. I had been experiencing progressively worse pain up until that date and decided to stop and rest. The pain is in the outside back of my shoulder and some in the front. I experience it during the backswing / shoulder turn. Went to the ortho...
  11. chicogolf

FS: Ping B60 Putter w/ new Lampkin Grip, 35.5"; RH

For sale is a Ping B60 Putter. Putter is in very good condition. Lampkin grip is new. I got this off the bay recently and ended up getting a couple other B60's, so this is surplus. $35 + shipping.
  12. chicogolf

Is this a good idea / deal for putting analysis, etc?

Ok, after being given a bunch of drills by my local swing coach, I've realized a couple of things (1) the swing coach is great with the full swing and chipping / pitching, but he and I are not clicking with the putting. I think it's the weak part of his own game. From what I'm reading here, I...
  13. chicogolf

Bought wrong shafts in Driver and 5-wood

Hi folks It's looking as if I was previously advised incorrectly and ended up with R flex shafts in my RBZ Stage 2 Driver and 5-wood. I discovered this when getting fitted for woods last weekend. So, 2 questions: (1) Can I just take the shaft from another RBZ or R11 and put it in my head...
  14. chicogolf

Review of club fitting at Bayonet / Black Horse (Monterey, CA)

Greetings Folks I’m newer here and getting back into golf after a long layoff, so I’ve been on a steep learning curve. I’ve got a lot out of my time here on the forums thus far, and thought I’d give something back - even if it’s only applicable to the CA West coast folks and visitors. So...
Back