Recent content by chuck_w

1. chuck_w

FS: Mizuno MP-67 Iron Set 3-PW

Mizuno MP-67 forged blade iron set, 3-PW, good to very good condition, Regular Flex R300 shafts, Lampkin wrap grips, $160 plus shipping
  2. chuck_w

FS: Titleist AP1 710 Irons at Lower Price

New, never played Titleist AP1 710 irons, 4-GW, with Aldila VS Proto-T 75 graphite shafts, regular flex. $370 shipping included. Transaction via PayPal. See them at URL below. e-mail or PM me with questions or for more information. http://photobucket.com/AP1_Irons
  3. chuck_w

FS: New Titleist AP1 710 Iron Set w/Aldila graphite shafts

New, never played Titleist AP1 710 irons, 4-GW, with Aldila VS Proto-T 75 graphite shafts, regular flex. $395 shipping included. Transaction via PayPal. See them at URL below. PM me with questions or for more information. http://photobucket.com/AP1_Irons
  4. chuck_w

Courses in SE Pa.

I will be relocating to Chester County Pa. later this summer and would like to find a new "home" course in this area. I am specifically interested in courses in the Exton, Downingtown, West Chester, Pa. area. I am not looking to join an exclusive private equity club. I am more of a public course...
  5. chuck_w

Any THPers from Southern Tier of New York ?

I know there at least a couple of fellow THPers from the Binghamton, NY area. My home course is Shepard Hills Country Club in Waverly, NY (although I live in Pennsylvania). I have one golf buddy I get together with every couple of weeks, but I would like to meet more guys to golf with. I am...
  6. chuck_w

Strategy playing from the rough

Yet another obstacle to my quest to break 100........ My home course has a number of narrow fairways which are flanked by thick Bermuda grass rough. Frequently, my tee shots find their way into the rough, and usually that is where the problems on that hole start for me. My question is, what is...
  7. chuck_w

My son gets frustrated

I started golfing with my soon to be 13 year old son last year because I liked having an activity that we could do together, and I truly enjoy it. At first my son, who is very athletic and an excellent youth hockey player, was enthusiastic. I got him some decent clubs and he enjoyed hitting...
  8. chuck_w

Looking for next level ball - Callaway Big Bertha Diablo ?

Feeling that I am at a point in my game where I might benefit from playing something other that the cheapest balls available, or ones I have found in the rough on the course, I did some research online. Several of the ball companies offer an online ball "fitting" based on a few survey...
  9. chuck_w

The Match - Who would you like to see ?

I recently finished reading the book The Match by Mark Frost. In it, the author tells the story of the legendary impromtu match between Ben Hogan and Byron Nelson against Ken Venturi and Harvie Ward at Cypress Point in 1956 (both Hogan and Nelson were 43 at the time). Since I am a big Ben...
  10. chuck_w

Fast Service from Ping

While visiting family in South Carolina last week, I had the opportunity to visit Golf Dimensions in Myrtle Beach. A friend suggested I check them out because I was in the market for a set of irons to replace my Cougar Tour Cats (purchased a few years ago from Target) which I have a hard time...
  11. chuck_w

Medicus

If anyone has a Medicus driver or iron they would like to sell, please send me a personal message. Thanks
  12. chuck_w

Wilson Di9's ?

I am considering the Wilson Di9's to replace my 4 year old Cougar Tour Cats (purchased at Target for $75, bag included). I am also looking at Adams A7's, Mizuno MX-100's and Ping G-15. I have read a number of good reviews of the Di9's, and they seems to be an excellent value. Any input or...
  13. chuck_w

Mizuno Demo Day-Endicott,NY

Mizuno had a Demo Day yesterday at Greater Golf in Endicott,NY. This was my first Demo Day, and I have to say, it was fun and very informative. Greater Golf is an indoor facility with a driving range and putting area. The Mizuno rep said he was surprised with the size of the turn out. I tried...
  14. chuck_w

getting the most out of lessons

I will be attending a one-day golf school this Friday at the Amelia Island Plantation Golf Academy. I am going to attend a professional conference there, and when I saw the opportunity for golf school, decided to take advantage of it. This will be my first formal golf instruction of any kind...
  15. chuck_w

Max. GI vs GI clubs

I have been reading the new club reviews in both Golf Digest and Golf magazines in anticipation of purchasing my first set of "real" clubs (up to now, I have been playing a set of Cougars I bought at Target a few years back) . I see that a distinction is made between Maximum Game Improvement and...
Back