Recent content by DennisMiller

1. DennisMiller

Smoking on the course

I don't smoke, but it's not my business if other people do. I'd just prefer not to ride in a cart with them. What I don't like are people who throw their butts on the golf course instead of using garbage cans on every tee or collecting them somehow to throw away when they finish playing.
  2. DennisMiller

Front door to first tee, how long does it take?

Two and a half miles to where I play most. Four miles to the next closest and seven miles to the one after that.
  3. DennisMiller

Official Golfing Weather Thread

I grew up in Louisville, Kentucky, where winters are certainly not as harsh as other places, but the humidity all year round makes it more uncomfortable than the temperature. I used to think of golf as a seasonal sport, something I couldn't do 4-5 months a year. I have simply never tolerated...
  4. DennisMiller

Most Popular (Best Selling) Putter?

I'm not sure I would say it's a brand as much as I'd say it's a style. In that case, the huge variety of putters made to look like the original PING Anser would be what comes to mind. Pick almost any brand in the world and they have made that style of putter.
  5. DennisMiller

Who is a player that you haven’t heard about in a while…

He went to the LIV Tour. With less TV coverage than the PGA Tour, I think the lesser known guys like him sort of fall off our radar. A year ago, I would have told you he was such a big up and comer that I would expect him to make the top 10 in the world very soon.
  6. DennisMiller

Tiger is back! And now out

Back spasms Thursday and flu-like symptoms yesterday are one thing, but does anyone else find it very peculiar that the reports this morning say he was highly dehydrated? As long and successful as his career has been, a lack of preparation is not exactly his hallmark. You can dehydrate more...
  7. DennisMiller

The best shot of the round

I haven't frequented this forum much since i joined many years ago, so having come back to it, I found it really interesting to see this particular thread. Please forgive me for length of this, but I think it needs a bit of explanation. At 74 years old, I have FINALLY gotten rid of my overly...
  8. DennisMiller

Will You Retire to a Golf Community?

Probably not, but at the same time, we are looking at leaving Miami and we're considering some over 55 communities around the Raleigh, NC area. The 2 we've looked at so far do a lot to organize community members to meet one another in groups based on their common interests. Golf is a really...
  9. DennisMiller

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

It seems in recent years, with hybrids becoming more popular, lost of sets start at the 6 iron. I don't think you would have trouble putting together a set of irons without having to stick a 4 and 5 iron in the closet. Your set makeup with the long iron hybrids is something I've told myself...
  10. DennisMiller

2024 Cleveland HB SOFT 2 Putters Review

I have an HB Soft #11. It's a close race whether I'm better with it than my Taylormade Spider Tour. The only reason I think I prefer the TM is due to it's heavier head weight. If the putter is too lightweight, I make these very pretty figure 8 patterns with my stroke. But I agree 1000% that...
  11. DennisMiller

5 club challenge.

Without knowing what's in YOUR bag, I think I'd take a 3-4 wood for tee shots on longer holes. I agree with those who think the iron selection should match up with your par 3 holes as well as possible, but also consider whether you can hit those same irons into greens, even if it's a bump and...
  12. DennisMiller

What did you shoot today?

22... and then it rained us out yesterday on the 5th tee. As lousy as I had started out, I really didn't mind.
  13. DennisMiller

Official Golfing Weather Thread

It's 86*, 72% humidity, 96* heat index in sunny Miami. Golf on my virtual reality system is looking pretty good right now.
  14. DennisMiller

Are Young Players Being Taught Slow is Good?

We have all the cliches ready... "Miss it quick!" "Play badly fast" I'm sure there's more.
  15. DennisMiller

The 60 and over Thread

Allied to the comments about dispersion above, it's a big consideration with my on/off relationship with fairway woods. I hit them very inconsistently, often topping them, or usually pushing them when I make decent contact. I don't remember what possessed me to buy a Mizuno 2 hybrid some years...
Back