Front door to first tee, how long does it take?

5 minutes to bus stop.
5 minute wait for bus.
15 minute bus journey.
15 minute warm up.

40 minutes.

How long is the average journey from leaving the house to hitting the first ball on your home course?
I’ve timed it.
11 minutes. It’s only a few streets over, but the walk from the parking lot to tee takes a few minutes.

The two courses I play mainly are pretty close. 10 minutes to one and 15 to the other.

My 2 “home” courses are 2 min and 10 min away respectively. Most of the time I just do 10 min on the putting green and that’s it, so it’s not a lot of time.

But I do play at other courses in the area depending on who I’m playing with, which can take up to 30-40 min just to get there plus another 30 min if I do actually want to go to the range/warm up, etc. So it does vary.

From front door to the first tee:

Course 1: Under 10 minutes

Course 2: 25 minutes.

About half an hour depending on traffic

Over an hour maybe even close to 2 hours. The 2 courses I play the most are about a half hour away. I do get there early to warm up. I also may stop to get a snack before the round.

No warm up, 17 minutes.

Two and a half miles to where I play most. Four miles to the next closest and seven miles to the one after that.

17 miles, about 25 minutes

For a casual round I am usually 45-50 minutes. It is about 25 minutes to my course. I want about 25 minutes to do a dynamic warmup, hit some balls, hit a few putts and get to the first tee.

For a tournament I want about 40-45 minutes from the time I get to the course to get loose, hit balls, then chip and putt.

15 to 20 minutes usually.

With no warm-up and no delays....1 Hour. I am so jealous of guys who can be on the first tee in under 30 minutes.

My drive is about 20 minutes. A couple of minutes getting my **** together. So, minimum is about 25 minutes. But I usually get there early, so probably 45 minutes from leaving to teeing off.

~12 mins

15 minutes, which is why I play that goat track instead of one of the better courses that is further away.

I’m 2 minutes from “a” course, but 25 from the one we play. The one close is my R&D department.

Going strait from the car to the 1st tee can be done in 10 minutes on a good day.

10 minutes to get to the course, 5 minutes or less to check in, one minute walk to the tee. Add 15 minutes to that if I hit a small bucket.

Don't have a "home course" but from the course that is closest 30-40 minutes. Course that I play most often 45 minutes.

About an hour. For me, it's almost an hour for everything. I live out in the boonies.

Back