Recent content by deuce

1. deuce

The Batman- you gonna watch?

Given that the Riddler is a serial killer, I'd say your 9 year old may want to sit this one out for a few more years. On the other hand, it was a very good movie. Can't believe Colin Farrell is the Penguin. He's completely unrecognizable in the role. Also, I'd suggest people give Pattinson a...
  2. deuce

Closest You Have Been to an Ace?

Regional Rivalry, Carolinas vs DMV. Six inches or so?
  3. deuce

2022: Golf Goals

Play more golf. That's it. Just play more.
  4. deuce

Are you still flagstick in where you are?

Whether it's in or out, my putting often leaves something to be desired, so I just leave it in.
  5. deuce

Who was the first THPer you met?

My game is still as awful as always, but I've learned to accept it, and just enjoy the time on the course. Not that I have much time for golf either, but I squeeze a round or three in each year. Happy Birthday Barry!
  6. deuce

Club Buying: Your biggest miss?

Every hybrid I thought I needed after I already had the W/S D100's in the bag. There have been plenty of them that I've attempted to place in those slots, and none of them have worked for me. The list includes the W/S D200's and D300's, Tour Edge XCG-7's and EX9's, and Cobra BIO Cell, amongst...
  7. deuce

Do you like windy golf?

I get to play so rarely nowadays that I take a "beggars can't be choosers" point of view. Is it ideal? Probably not. Do I enjoy the time I get to go out and hit the ball? Yep.
  8. deuce

Who was the first THPer you met?

My first ever THP golf partner was @Sox_Fan. We played our THP round with @Michigan Slice and @cpljohnst. Couldn't have asked for a better pairing.
  9. deuce

Hot Tub/Spa Owners?

I don't remember the brand, but we went with a rotomolded spa. We've had it going on three years now, and it sees frequent use. The best move we made was to go with bromine as opposed to chlorine.
  10. deuce

What did you shoot today?

First time playing in several months. Was playing with a friend who is 75 so we both played from the gold tees (223 yards shorter than what I usually play from the whites). Shot a 41. 6 pars, 2 bogeys, and barfed all over myself on #5 with a triple. Was striking the ball really well with the...
  11. deuce

Jon Gruden Fired

As an old boss of mine used to say: It's good to be the King.
  12. deuce

Significant or somewhat historical sports events/moments you witnessed. (I'll being with one)

I was in the stands when Samaje Perine set the NCAAF single game rushing record against Kansas. Not ideal weather (windy, rainy, and cold) to introduce your wife to Oklahoma football, but was a cool thing to witness.
  13. deuce

The Youth Sports Coaching Thread

Soccer season update: Select ball is interesting. Had a couple of seasoned kids who have played travel ball before, and the rest are all raw, having played in either rec, which coach calls "hero ball", or in school which is probably not much better. We started the season with a tournament, and...
  14. deuce

OU/TX to SEC?

15. deuce

OU/TX to SEC?

Hopefully to the nearest trash bin.
Back