Recent content by gulfnut

1. gulfnut

Golfpride Players Softie

Desperately seeking a set of origional Golf Pride Players Softie Grips. They came factory on my Deep Red 2 Irons. Can't seem to locate any. Can anybody suggest an alternative with the same specs ?
  2. gulfnut

Nike Victory Red Cavity Back Test

Went to King Par in Flint Mich. yesterday and hit just about everything new, I won't bore anybody with a lot of usless info, anyway the salesman hands me a Victory Red 7 iron cavity back with a regular steel shaft, 99% of the Nike stuff I ever hit I personally thought was junk, so I would not...
  3. gulfnut

Krank Rage Driver

Anybody know anything about them ? My swing speed is about 98 mph, currently hitting a superfast burner with a gold nvs regular shaft around 260 to 270. I was looking at a Krank Rage 10.5 regular. My swing flaw is an over the top push fade. Looking for something straighter and longer. ( Just...
  4. gulfnut

Straight / Straight or Inside to Square

Pelz preaches straight back and straight through, Scotty Cameron preached inside to Square. I went back to inside to Square a month ago with a Cameron Newport 2 TEl and have averaged under 30 puts for the last 12 rounds. Looking at a Cameron Detour Putter that is totally designed for inside to...
  5. gulfnut

project X 5.5 shaft vs. s 300

I assume that the project x 5.5 would be closer to a regular than a 6.0. I'm looking at some used mizuno mp 30's. Height and distance is definately a factor. I had a set of mp 52's, loved the feel and hit them really straight but could only hit a 5 iron 150 yards with project x 6.0 's. I have a...
  6. gulfnut

WTB Medicus 460 dual hinge driver and sand wedge

WTB Medicus 460 dual hinge driver and also the dual hinge 56 degree sand wedge. Perferably the newer one with the swing pattern on the Driver head or at least the 460 cc head model.
  7. gulfnut

94 vs. 96 Callaway Big Bertha Irons

I recently purchased a set of 94 BB Irons (awaiting shipment) with steel memphis 10 shafts. I had a set of 96's with graphite shafts back in 96, didn't like the graphites but always liked the heads. Sooooo long story short I want to try them again with steel shafts, they go for 150 to 175 on...
  8. gulfnut

New Member in Michigan

Greetings !!! I'm a 59 year old golf nut !!!! I play about 85 to 95 rounds a year to about a 10 or 12 handicap from either the blue or white tees. Decent ball striker, better than average putter, bad chipper, poor short game, on days when I drive the ball well, I hit more than my share of greens...
Back