Recent content by JAugusta

1. J

custom club fitting

I am hoping to get some feedback from anyone that has gone through the custom fitting process. I recently went out to Golf Galaxy and purchased a set of Ping i20's, and was fitted for them while out there. Being the way that I am, I became slightly nervous during my fitting session because I...
  2. J

Golf mats and condition

I have test driven several clubs through out the past couple months at Dicks, Golf Galaxy, local shop and driving range. I have been testing Titleists and Mizuno's and every place that I go to I hit off the golf mats (obviously), but I end being more consistent either in the grass at the range...
  3. J

MP54

Mizuno MP54Had the fortune of swinging the Mizuno MP54's and they are absolutely crisp and great looking. I took about 15 swings with the 6 iron off the good old golf galaxy mats. I would say I hit 8 shots flush as can be, and the other 7 were a little rough. Either way, I want to upgrade to a...
  4. J

Mizuno MP54

Had the fortune of swinging the Mizuno MP54's and they are absolutely crisp and great looking. I took about 15 swings with the 6 iron off the good old golf galaxy mats. I would say I hit 8 shots flush as can be, and the other 7 were a little rough. Either way, I want to upgrade to a new set of...
  5. J

Mizuno MP-H4

Went to Golf Galaxy and came across the Mizuno MP-H4 irons. They had the thicker sole and topline, but were forged. Are these game improvement/players irons that act as a transitional set? They look great, but who are they really geared towards? Has anyone ever gamed these irons? Are they...
  6. J

R11s vs Titleist 913D2

Just trying to get a general opinion regarding the R11s and the Titleist 913D2/ 910D2. Which one has a hotter face? Better feel? Etc..... Anyone game both of these drivers and have some pro's and con's to share? Appreciate the input.
  7. J

Mizuno JPX 825

Anyone game the JPX 825's? Are they considered "GI's" or "SGI's" I had the chance to demo the JPX 825's and AP1 712's, both of which are solid irons. Does anyone have a preference? Thanks
  8. J

Fitted vs Not Fitted

Is it really important to get fitted for a set of irons? I bought my clubs off the rack several years ago and play pretty good with them. I then decided to take those clubs to Golf Galaxy and see if I should be retrofitted since they were an older model and I was never properly fitted for them...
  9. J

Titleist vs R7 irons

Looking for some advice, I have a set of Taylormade R7 irons, stock shafts and newly gripped. I am sure this question gets posted all the time, but when is a good time to make an "upgrade"? I recently had the opportunity to demo the Mizuno JPX-825 and Titleist AP1 712's. My R7's are in great...
Back