Recent content by JollyGrnBucket

1. JollyGrnBucket

Edel Putter Fitting Review

Last month I had the opportunity to do a putter fitting with Edel Golf. I was fit by their regional fitter for Illinois and their Vice President for Business Development at the Golf Galaxy in Chesterfield, MO. It was an outstanding experience! First, we began by selecting my current putter, a...
  2. JollyGrnBucket

A fantastic present from Birdieball USA

I wanted to take a moment to highlight an incredible gift I received from Birdieball USA. I was on Twitter, and saw the founder of Birdieball happened to offer to send Bubba some Birdieballs for his son Caleb. I thought that was a wonderful gesture, and mentioned that to him. I also mentioned...
  3. JollyGrnBucket

FS/FT- Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 5-GW KBS Tour S, G25 23 hybrid

Just like the title says, looking to sell or trade two items. First up is a set of JPX 825 Pro irons, standard lie/length/loft, KBS Tour Stiff. They have Red Lamkin 3Gen Performance Plus grips with 4 wraps underneath. Over all I think in very good shape, with normal face wear and a bit of bag...
  4. JollyGrnBucket

JollyGreenBucket and the road to improvement

Freddie et al, I need some serious help. I'm frustrated with myself and my game. My frustrations stem from the fact that I can hit any shot, and I know I can. I've done it! The problem is I also can just as easily chunk it, or hook it, or push it, or get stuck, etc... Basically, I have no idea...
  5. JollyGrnBucket

PING Ketsch counterbalanced

As many of you probably know, there is a new PING putter coming out next month called the Ketsch. It is out on Tour already (I think Lee Westwood does/has used one) and so it got me thinking about whether PING would make this one counterbalanced, ala the hideous (to me) but very smooth and well...
  6. JollyGrnBucket

YouTube Golf Wisdom

I tend to watch quite a few YouTube videos as I clean the kitchen up/wash kid stuff, and it got me thinking: where are some sources of golf wisdom on YouTube? I've used it during the cold months for things like learning methods for reading greens, pitching and chipping, learning new drills...
  7. JollyGrnBucket

Forward Press

Forgive me if this has been brought up, but is there a consensus on the utility of the forward press? I find myself wanting to do it, but I'm worried it might cause something negative to happen in my putting if I do. It feels as though it smooths out my stroke when I do it though, hence my...
  8. JollyGrnBucket

Nome TR Mini Review

So I recently picked up a new (to me) PING Nome TR adjustable putter, and seeing that there wasn't much on here about it, I felt it would be worth putting electronic pen to electronic paper about my initial thoughts on it. I will update the thread with some pictures of my own putter, but...
  9. JollyGrnBucket

P90X3

So I'm working my way through P90X3, and was wondering if anyone else is doing it? I'll come back and post some mini-reviews as I go (I'm doing it at my own pace) but wanted to see if we could get a group together. Bottom line: I think there is a LOT to like for golf fitness in here, from both a...
  10. JollyGrnBucket

How do YOU get your family involved in golf?

I'm young (30) with a young child. Golf is important to me, but my family is more important. I want to make golf something we all enjoy. A previous post got me thinking: how do YOU get your family involved in the game? For me, my wife and I have had putting competitions. We are both HUGELY...
  11. JollyGrnBucket

Hello from JollyGrnBucket!

Hello everyone! I'm new to the site, so I'll tell a bit about me. I go by JollyGrnBucket on here, I also post on GolfWRX under a similar nickname and tweet with something similar (@JollyGrBucket). Why JollyGrnBucket? I used to be an HH-60G Pave Hawk Aerial Gunner in the Air Force, and we were...
Back