Recent content by Longshanks

1. Longshanks

Playing With Arthritis...Shaft Options?

Thanks for all of your thoughtful replies gentlemen.
  2. Longshanks

Thanks! I'll look into this!!
  3. Longshanks

I was actually checking out the Epic Forged irons recently...might be my next set. I didn't even consider different grips. This is why I love THP forums :)
  4. Longshanks

Thanks JB. Yes, when I was a bit younger I was rocking a set of Callaways with the Recoil Prototype Xtra Stiff shafts. I absolutely loved them and is considering my next club refit to be all graphite, probably not the xstiff though. I'm only 58 and plan on playing for a few more decades, I...
  5. Longshanks

So, I'm old. It happens lol. I have arthritis and my hands are killing me after a round. I play a stiff shaft paired with Ping i210s. A question for my THP friends with arthritis, (or club fitter), will going to a regular flex graphite shaft be easier on the hands? What about softer feeling...
  6. Longshanks

CONTEST The Golf Ball: 2022 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Well, I'm back. COVID nearly killed me, but 3 putted the last green and I was able to come back lol. Thought a good first post back would be my Chrome Soft Haiku: Chrome Soft tee box bold, Flight true and steady reneged hazard, distant green delicate landing. Enjoy lol.
  7. Longshanks

"Unfair Sand"?

Before I get to what happened, let me ask the question, is there any sort of standard for the consistency of the sand in a greenside bunker? I'm a decent player from the sand who can always get out in one stroke, how close it gets to the pin can vary, but always out in one stroke. So, at my...
  8. Longshanks

Broken HZRDUS Yellow

So, this happened: About a month ago I noticed that the ball wasn't coming off the club like it should...of course I just figured that its me and not the club. Looked at it today and noticed way too much play in the head so I pulled the shaft (carefully and correctly), and sure enough it...
  9. Longshanks

Goodbye Ping 1-A...Does Tech Really Matter?

Okay TPHers I've been golfing since I was 6 and have only used one putter, the Ping 1-A (got it for my birthday in 1970). I've always struggled with the putter but believed its my crappy putting style, not the club itself. Friends always want me to try their new tech putters, but as a lefty...
  10. Longshanks

Working In A Pro Shop

So, I have the opportunity to work at my local course in the pro shop about 8 - 10 hours per week at minimum wage. I'm in my early 50's and don't really need the money, but I think I'd really like the atmosphere working in a place that I love. Not to mention free golf. Do any of you TPH-ers...
  11. Longshanks

Created a Chart For Distance Analysis

Have any of you guys done this? I went to an indoor simulator for the first time and was quite impressed. I have a new set of clubs (JPX 850 Forged) with stiffer shafts (F5) and would like to have some distances dialed in so I'm ready for action when the snow melts. So, I decided to create...
  12. Longshanks

Help, I need some quick shaft install advice

Hey Guys, I'm installing a HZRDUS Yellow shaft onto a Callaway "Optifit" sleeve. They both are .335, but there really seems to be too much play. Does the epoxy and tight fitting ferrule take up the slack, or does it need a brass shive. Sorry for the stupid question, I'm a little freaked out...
  13. Longshanks

Any Other First Time Aces in 2016?

Yep, I'm going to be that guy and mention that after four decades of golf, I finally got my first Ace in 2016. Any other first time Aces in 2016? Larchmont Golf Course, Missoula Montana - hole #6 - hole that day playing at 180 yards from White tees - 6 iron. Even had a couple of witnesses...
  14. Longshanks

Mixing Up Taper Tipped Shafts...Bad Move?

Ok, I'll try to explain this without sounding like a complete idiot. Here goes. I have recently purchased (for a ridiculously low price) a set (3i to PW) of Recoil Prototype 110, F5. I'm 6'4" and my Wrist to Floor is 38 3/4, so I have short arms for my height. My irons are typically +1" I...
  15. Longshanks

Question For XStiff Shaft Gamers

Alright THP'ers, let me preface this question with this: yes, I know there are a zillion posts about shafts in this forum so I apologize if this has been covered. Here is my question. I will be upgrading my shafts this winter, specifically HZRDUS for driver and Project X LZ for irons. The...
Back