Recent content by Lynford

1. L

Genuine alternative to GameGolf Pro ?

I’ve given up with that and asked for a refund or working unit. Assuming they can’t provide a working unit, is there a genuine (direct) alternative ? I can’t (won’t) wear a watch on the course, and same goes for having a phone in my pocket. Cheers.
  2. L

The rules.

The clue is in the name.........they are the rules. Who do these tour players think they are whining and demanding changes ? “We don’t like the drop, the caddy lining up is wrong, oh I caught my putter in my shirt and moved the ball”. Get on with it, they are THE RULES OF GOLF, they aren’t...
  3. L

How is Faldo viewed in the States ?

We don’t get to to see much of him on TV over here, but when I do I generally cringe. He’s always been a bit awkward and insular and when I see his Twitter or get bits of him commentating or talking to players he doesn’t seem any better. No doubt he knows more about the golf swing than most...
  4. L

Reed made honorary member of the European tour

This decision is beyond me. At least at this point in time. To put put it into perspective, the only 3 Americans in the list are Arnie, Jack & Tom - All genuine legends. Maybe the ET are trying to distract from the fact they are playing in Saudi this week........
  5. L

The 14yo Chinese amateur......

......who copped a slow play penalty at Augusta. I’ve always thought that this was terribly unfair, especially when you see the speed of play of a lot of established golfers on tour. I listened to a European Tour podcast last week with John Paramour, the head referee on the ET (FYI, it’s the...
  6. L

A weekend for the old boys.

Westwood wins in Europe for the first time in 3.5 years, and the last time Kuchar won was on exactly the same date as Westwood’s last win. Good work chaps.
  7. L

Turkish Airlines Open

Rose wins on the first playoff hole after Haotong Li three stabbed from 9ft. His second effort was from about 15-18” and never even got close to hitting any part of the hole. Rose is just a money making machine. Back to World No1.
  8. L

Eddie Pepperall’s ace.

One bounce, landed halfway up the flagstick, bounced back towards the tee and then top-span back into the hole. Rewarded with £20k for charity and a nice bottle of wine, complete with note from host Justin Rose & his wife. Great shot & classy gesture from Rosie.
  9. L

DJ’s putting.

4 or 5 different putters in the last few weeks, Aimpoint and then not Aimpoint, then back again, left below right, right below left. He has issues, and if they aren’t addressed properly soon I can see him destroying a potentially great career.
  10. L

Superspeed - What should I measure ?

I suppose it’s irrelevent as all that matters is results on the course, but....... I’ve just got some Superspeed sticks and a swing speed radar and would like to track progress (I’m also having lessons so this will mess the results up a bit maybe). What would you measure ? Driver & 7i as a...
  11. L

Distance myths

I am a pretty short hitting 8hcp (on a not very long course, a tad over 6000yds). I am 46 years old and relying on golf to be a big part of my eventual retirement, so i’ve started having lessons as when I lose distance I’ll be in trouble ! I’m not in a search for pure distance, just a swing that...
  12. L

The nice delivery man bringeth.....

Lesson tomorrow - Learn to stop hitting it like a dick and I might enjoy these babies !
  13. L

3 decent full shots in 18 holes

From an alleged 8hcp. I really don’t care if I ever see another golf club again* Terrible attitude at the mo, I fully expect to hit a bad shot then when I do I’m angry immediately, which obviously leads to another bad shot. Full out thins from pegged up 3 woods & rescues, pulled drives, an...
  14. L

From casting to lagging.........been here ?

It’s time for a change - I booked a lesson today with a well rated local (ish) Pro. I’m a 46 year old 8hcp from England. I take it away on the inside, get across the line at the top and often come over the top from there, casting with very little lag. I feel my swing is based on timing - When...
  15. L

Garmin G8 - Legal ?

Hi, I'm wondering about getting a new GPS (I can't get new courses for my current one as the company has gone bust) I'm well known as a tech freak, I like things with all the whistles and bells and I was looking at the Garmin G8. My question is - Is this legal for competition play ? The...
Back