Recent content by mski

1. M

Are You Happy With Your Swing

Yes I'm happy with my swing but I know over winter it will go away. It happens year after year where I start the spring strong then my swing gets in the toilet during the summer then towards the end of summer into fall my swing is spot on. The last month all I did was at address turn my...
  2. M

What’s Your Finishing Move?

I do nothing, If some one says good shot I say thank you.
  3. M

Member Guest Invitation

I was invited to play in a member/guest that was this past weekend which is the same as our clubs M/G. My new boss gave me the go ahead to take the days off then 2 days later while apologizing she (our GM is a woman) said she really needs me to work our clubs M/G. It was all good as work comes...
  4. M

Fix The Gap

With your distance get an adjustable 5 wood so you can adjust the loft to what you need when you need it not necessarily to fill a gap.
  5. M

What’s your driver carry + 15 yds number?

At 50 yo I'll take my 250-270 all day long. Usually I get 1 drive maybe 2 past the 270 distance during the round.
  6. M

Just ordered a "founders" golf bag. Anyone familiar with them?

I looks like a nice bag. Their waterproof one on their site looks nice also. Like you I don't spend tons of money on golf bags. My current bag is a Burton and it's surprisingly durable and holding up well after 3 years.
  7. M

New recoil pulls opinions.

If a person is not capable of using a propane torch properly to remove a graphite shaft then they shouldn't be using a heat either.
  8. M

New recoil pulls opinions.

Recoil's are carbon fiber and won't have a problem with heat. I have a couple sets of Recoil's and use a propane torch when I pull these shafts when switching heads. The epoxy in your picture I heat with a torch then scrape off with a knife blade. If you try to sand or scrape the epoxy cold you...
  9. M

Ben Hogan Player's Combo Set

I've been playing my combos since December. A month ago my new equalizer wedges showed up. It was nice to see Hogan listened to my feedback to make wedges look like the Icons.(joking) The new wedges are beauties and compliment the icons and icon/combo perfectly. All the clubs I spec'd with the...
  10. M

Leather grips.

I have Grip Master cabretta leather grips. I bought them 2 years ago but only used them a few rounds. Just took off the Jumbomax XS grips 2 weeks ago and out them back on. Size wise it's one extreme to the other. I found the grips on some importing company web site. For 13 grips they were $8 a grip.
  11. M

Ben Hogan Irons

Got the combo set last November. The Icons are awesome. Buttery soft. Wish I would have gotten all Icons. The PTX pros (5-7) are taking a while getting used to but I'm getting there. It's a mental thing. I got them with the Recoil Es F4 shafts and already swapped them out and put my Recoil 110...
  12. M

When Is Your Tee Time?

How many different courses? Can't see 252 guys going off on one course every day doing a shot gun. That would be a hell of a long round.
  13. M

Does anyone grind their own wedges?

I did a whole setoff irons from 4 through 60*. Got Kyoei blanks from Tourspec golf. Currently I put the 5-7 in the bag shafted w/ Recoil smacwrap shafts
  14. M

How to Survive a Lightning Strike

Back when I was a young teen me and my brother were playing a round. Lightening was in the air but no rain. My brother says you can tell lightening is really close when your hair starts to stand up. Right after he said that I looked at him the his hair was standing up. I screamed at him, then he...
  15. M

Playing 36

I joined a public course that has 27 holes. Played a few 27 hole rounds so far. I usually play 1-2, 36 hole rounds a year. Fatigue sets in on the back 9 of the 2nd round
Back