Philly

Reaction score
Handicap
So...got fitted for irons......

I have given up. (17 handicap and not improving)

Titleist T300 6i-48...then 52, 56, and 60 (Never had a 60) wedges
Then a U505 3i (bent a degree)...which makes the gap between it and the 6i 5*...and the numbers all fit...
6i was flying 198-205....U505 flying 220-225. I have club head speed but my strike meant the 5i...U505 4i and the 6i all flew about the same.

Driver and putter to come....

But that leaves me 2 holes...I think I only need 1 more club.

I need a fairway wood...thinking about a 4 wood loft (16-17) but a shorter shaft as I do not hit fairways (or hybrids) for that matter.
Occasionally off the tee (1 time a round) and into longer par 5s.

1) Anyone do a shorter 4/5 wood? Suggestions?
2) Any super easy to hit options? Considering The TSi2...but no contract with me and TItleist ;). Something easy and straight please?!?!

Certainly no issue with going with a bit shorter shafted fairway wood but you would probably want the shaft to be a bit shorter. Also no reason to have 14 clubs if you don’t need them. I would think about what you want the fairway wood to do from a trajectory perspective. You might want something that flies 235 to 240 but flies higher than the 505.

I am a bit jealous of your clubhead speed. I hit 6i about 160 yards.

Certainly no issue with going with a bit shorter shafted fairway wood but you would probably want the shaft to be a bit shorter. Also no reason to have 14 clubs if you don’t need them. I would think about what you want the fairway wood to do from a trajectory perspective. You might want something that flies 235 to 240 but flies higher than the 505.

I am a bit jealous of your clubhead speed. I hit 6i about 160 yards.

Yep...235/240 would be lovely....

Incidentally...the U505 is pretty high flying...not the low stinger unless you really try

I would consider a 3 hybrid for sure. The g410 I have can be set up easily for high lofted shots, or close the face down for a nice, low stinger than runs.

With your distance get an adjustable 5 wood so you can adjust the loft to what you need when you need it not necessarily to fill a gap.

Back