Recent content by Nick20UK

1. Nick20UK

Is Taylor Swift the biggest singer/entertainer ever?

I bet she receives naff all for streaming compared to album sales too.
  2. Nick20UK

Best TV show opening theme

In terms of musically being the best then my top 3 would be: The Goldbergs Baywatch True Blood Cheers was also pretty good, and I always had a soft spot for The Golden Girls theme too.
  3. Nick20UK

All Rounds Should Be Four Hours or Less

Depends if you are walking or buggying IMO. Buggying, yes then 4 hours should be maximum. Some people like myself don't want to have to walk briskly at all times pushing a bag/cart, especially if the course is hilly. It's very tiring, and that's before you take into account people who aren't as...
  4. Nick20UK

Is driving or putting harder? The math...

I know I don't lose as many balls putting!
  5. Nick20UK

Impact screen bounce back?

Try hanging a thicker material a few inches behind the screen or a piece in the area where the ball strikes. That should dampen the bounce. Old carpet, fake grass, mats, etc.
  6. Nick20UK

Describe Your Golf Game With A Song Title

I Feel The Earth Move Under My Feet - Carole King Either that or: God Only Knows - The Beach Boys
  7. Nick20UK

Wonder if Cobra had this in mind?

Nothing wrong with having a bit of fun testing stuff out. Must feel very weird though. And bloody heavy!
  8. Nick20UK

Could you shoot -9 at Augusta in 8 hours with unlimited mulligans?

No. Course distance is too long for my game.
  9. Nick20UK

Which driver would you prefer?

Just based on that data alone I'd vote for #2. With #1 you are already getting the max out of it almost. But with #2 there is still room for improvement with smash factor and even more ball speed and distance. Presumably because you aren't quite hitting the centre of the face as you are with...
  10. Nick20UK

Tour Event 2024 THE PLAYERS Championship

The golfing gods are cruel sometimes.
  11. Nick20UK

Relief from Divot Rule?

Also I'm sure greenkeepers would prefer not to see people trying to hack their way out of bad lies on their pristine fairways, causing even more damage.
  12. Nick20UK

Relief from Divot Rule?

I don't think any one is arguing you should automatically get a perfect lie in the fairway. Personally I wouldn't like year round winter rules. I think it's fair to assume you'll get a reasonable lie though, and better than you'd get in the rough. At least not be penalised. Bare dirt or a...
  13. Nick20UK

What's the best movie you've seen recently?

Jojo Rabbit. Extraordinary film from Taika Watiti showing WW2 from a German child's perspective. With plenty of goofy humour and heartbreaking humanity.
  14. Nick20UK

Relief from Divot Rule?

If you can get relief from a pitch mark on the green then you should be able to take relief from a divot IMO. Both are abnormal playing conditions caused by another players shot. And both are in places where you are supposed to be rewarded with a good lie for hitting it there (fairway/green)...
  15. Nick20UK

How do you gauge a “3/4” shot?

With 48 deg PW and 54 deg SW i have a small card that I have recorded all my distances for when my hands get to waist height, chest height, shoulder height and full swing. 8 different distances for two clubs. I think the bottom one SW-W is something like 35 yards. I could also do shoulder...
Back