Could you shoot -9 at Augusta in 8 hours with unlimited mulligans?

Do I get a caddy to help me decide how good my approach shot was? I think if I didn’t pick and approach to an awful putt Id have a fighting shot.

I think you all are under appreciating the nature of unlimited mulligans and the freedom that provides when putting
You pick the one that is beside the cup haha

I was thinking yes when I clicked on the thread. Now seeing the responses from way better golfers than me, I guess not?

I was thinking yes when I clicked on the thread. Now seeing the responses from way better golfers than me, I guess not?
7500+ yards, and tough, contoured greens that are around 13-14 on the Stimpmeter. That's about like putting on glass covered with ice. :ROFLMAO:

In 8 hours?
Sure. Doesn’t mean I would actually do it, it’s just that I don’t really struggle with confidence. I confidently believe I’m going to shoot under par every round, knowing damn well my best round is an 86.

From member tees and with unlimited mulligans? I kind of think Yes.

Every time you have a GIR you can keep putting until you make one. 4 Par 3s, 4 par 5s and 1 par 4. It seems doable.

Zero chance

From member tees and with unlimited mulligans? I kind of think Yes.

Every time you have a GIR you can keep putting until you make one. 4 Par 3s, 4 par 5s and 1 par 4. It seems doable.
Pro tees, pro setup.

This changes it for me. I don’t have the juice to reach 9 GIRs from 7500 yards
The length, conditions, and speed of the greens would do most of us in.

Sure. Doesn’t mean I would actually do it, it’s just that I don’t really struggle with confidence. I confidently believe I’m going to shoot under par every round, knowing damn well my best round is an 86.
Im all for this confidence!

You keep mentioning the time. 8 hrs is loooooong time.
26 minutes per hole when you're walking doesn't give a lot of time to take advantage of all those unlimited mulligans.

26 minutes per hole. Given the times most people play 18 holes in, add in unlimited mulligans, no it is not.

26 minutes per hole when you're walking doesn't give a lot of time to take advantage of all those unlimited mulligans.
26 minutes per hole. Given the times most people play 18 holes in, add in unlimited mulligans, no it is not.
As a single, it's an eternity. I can't even imagine the amount of shots and rolls that could be done in this format in that time.

Too old to do that from the pro tees.

If I can get my ball speed back up 10mph, yes.

@7500 yards? Lightning fast greens?
Is this a serious question?

You pick the one that is beside the cup haha
Fair, but I guess my thought is it will be more time effective for my to roll in a 15 to 20 footer than waiting to flag one within 5 feet. Not all 20 ft putts are the same, especially at Augusta

No. Course distance is too long for my game.

Nope. I would probably never get off 1 green.

I really don't understand why most think this wouldn't be possible with unlimited mulligans. I mean assuming you're below a say...15 index, I think there's a legit shot and also assuming those unlimited mulligans can be used on the greens as well.

Some of us are bogey golfers who only drive it 230-240. Time and energy are going to matter at 7500 yards for us.

I really don't understand why most think this wouldn't be possible with unlimited mulligans. I mean assuming you're below a say...15 index, I think there's a legit shot and also assuming those unlimited mulligans can be used on the greens as well.
Looking at the course and there are 4 par 5’s and 4 par 3’s so need to birdie all of those then get 1 birdie on a par 4 and get pars on the rest of the 4’s (not an easy task at this length). It’s going to take a lot of swings for a bogey golfer with a 230 max drive. We’re going to get tired.

Back