Recent content by Offshoredoc

1. O

Expectations of a Club Fitting/Demo Day

What should I expect from a fitting/demo day? A local course is having one a week from Saturday and I was thinking about going. I have never been fitted or anything. Been playing a little over a year and am a high handicapper. My typical score is 95-100 and was 115-120 when I first started...
  2. O

South Mississippi Instructors

Does anyone know of someone in South Mississippi that gives lessons? Ive had poor luck with ones I have used so far.
  3. O

Snap Hook PROBLEMS!!

What am I doing wrong?! Almost every single drive is a bad snap hook... I've tried a different grip to no avail.... Ball/setup appears to be ok....
  4. O

New Irons

So, after playing with a cheaper set of Adams Tight Lies irons for the past year (my first set of name brand irons), I'm looking to upgrade. I typically score anywhere from 95-110 depending on the courses around here. Here's what I've somewhat narrowed it down to.. Taylormade Speedblades...
  5. O

Handicap for newbie

So after playing seriously for a year, I still have no clue what my handicap is and why is it even important.. Anyone want to explain exactly what handicap means and why do I need to know what mine is? I know it sounds like a silly question, but if I don't ask, I will not know.. Thanks in...
  6. O

Hybrids vs Irons

Any suggestions as to why I hit my 3 hybrid better than 3-4 iron? If I keep this up, I'm gonna invest in a 4 hybrid!!
  7. O

Wedges newbie....

Hey guys, just getting deeper and deeper into my game. I'm a year into the game avidly. I only have a set of irons with the pitching and gap wedge. I feel as though I need to add some lofted wedges to my bag, although I have only hit one or two in a simulator at dicks. What do you recommend...
  8. O

Hello from South Mississippi

New to the forum... Avid amateur golfer and REALLY wanting to get good at the sport.....
Back