Offshoredoc

Reaction score
Handicap
Any suggestions as to why I hit my 3 hybrid better than 3-4 iron? If I keep this up, I'm gonna invest in a 4 hybrid!!

Any suggestions as to why I hit my 3 hybrid better than 3-4 iron? If I keep this up, I'm gonna invest in a 4 hybrid!!

Sure. More mass behind the ball, far more forgiviness and generally speaking higher launch. By design they are going to be more forgiving for amateur golfers than just about any long irons. Again this is generally speaking.

do it i have been playing a 4 hy for years i love it.

Makes sense. I might get the 4 hybrid. 5-9 + wedges are good but I just can't seem to hit my long irons..

Never been able to hit a 3 iron but can BOMB my 3 Hybrid. Way more forgiveness.

I am a hybrid fan. I have gone to 6-PW in the irons and I have no reason to go back.

Last edited:
even as a high hanicapper, I used to be pretty consistent with my 4 iron. it was go-too club when I was struggling and at the time I hated hybrids. but it was all mental. I forced myself to play an entire round w/ a hybrid. i used it off the tee and the fairway and I never looked back... Higher launch, much more forgiveness, greater versatility and soft landings.

I game a 3 and 4 hybrid and couldn't be happier.

Well thanks guys for the comments! I now know a 4 hybrid is coming soon to my bag...

I'm still in the initial phases of this. I have a 3H and 4H. Very easy to hit. Takes a bit to get the trust level up for me. With time they will be invaluable.

Yep agree with others, get the 4h. I was a stubborn long iron holdout until early last year - I had a 2h, but I played 3-PW in my irons. Then I came to my senses, and now I have a 5W and a 4 hybrid in the bag. So much easier!

Like others, get the hybrid. But don't pay attention to 3 or 4. Pay attention to the *'s. My 09 Rescue is a 4, and it the same loft as my previous 3.

Big fan of Hybrids - however I do love hitting a purer 8i-wedge also.

I hit my Albatross with my TMade 3 Hybrid :)

I am way more constant with my 3 hybrid but my 4iron and 4H seem to go in and out of the bag sometimes depending on course

Three hybrids for me right now and I'm never going back to long irons, ever....

I did the same, got 5-UW & SW when I got my clubs last year as I cannot hit a 3i or 4i consistent enough and went Hybrid to fill those gaps and was happy with my results from last year.

Hybrids are great clubs to take over your longer iron, especially your 3, 4 and maybe even 5 irons.

I am sticking to my 3i/4i for now. I want to know I can hit them well. It could be a suicide mission.

Hybrids are great clubs to take over your longer iron, especially your 3, 4 and maybe even 5 irons.
I would say those are the best sticks in my bag !

My hybrids are out of the bag for a while.

I am a hybrid fan. I have gone to 6-PW in the irons and have to plan to go back.

I am very close to doing the same thing. My 5 iron is pretty much just my punch out from under the tree club at this point.

These days the only use my hybrid gets is when I'm looking for the max amount of distance with a reasonable amount of accuracy (i.e. laying up on a par 5). I'm at the point where I'm looking to minimize my misses. A missed long iron goes straight but short...a manageable miss. A missed hybrid goes off the grid.

Also the wind in SOUTH Florida is ridiculous pretty much year round so I prefer something that flies lower.

I have yet to try hitting hybrids, but with all the positive comments they will have to be on the consideration list when I eventually manage to find the money to look at replacing my current irons with something a bit newer

The biggest reason for not trying them yet is that I am happy with how I hit my long irons so I have been reluctant to mess with something that works for me

Back