Recent content by ray757

1. ray757

NEWS Wilson Fit AI

Very interesting. I had the DynaPWR irons earlier this year. Long? Yes. Accurate? No. I too am waiting for the Forged model.
  2. ray757

The 60 and over Thread

About two years ago I did a little experiment at the course below. I played with a full bag, 14 clubs, including my Cobra driver, and played off the white tees. Shot 88. The next month I played it again without any driver or fairway woods, lowest was my 21’ hybrid. Shot 88. Have fun!
  3. ray757

The 60 and over Thread

Yeah, 180ish is about right. So no courses with 200 water carry!
  4. ray757

The 60 and over Thread

That’s from the back. Front is 390 I believe. I didn’t say it was short or easy, and it’s got some hills here and there. But it relatively inexpensive. Much prefer Birch Hills. Flat and shorter.
  5. ray757

The 60 and over Thread

I don’t carry a driver. Used to have a mini driver but sold it. So I have a 4w and a 21’ hybrid then go to my irons. But of course the courses I play are 5000 or under. Rely on my short game. If I bogey oh well. I’m playing golf. Here’s a course I like. It has a very tough first few holes...
  6. ray757

The 60 and over Thread

Exactly. My KE4 Max ate 20* in the 4 and 23* in the 5. With roll out sometimes to just under 200 yds. Wedge and 2 putt, and on to the next…
  7. ray757

The 60 and over Thread

Here’s my practice course and maybe my weekly thing. Turn 73 next year.
  8. ray757

The 60 and over Thread

I’m trying the Rapport 70 R shafts. I had demoed some UST DART shafts in 95 R and got good results. But I heard that these two play very similar so I put these in instead. I really think a lot of my issues are weight. I think I need heavier shafts. All my older clubs, mostly Mizuno, were...
  9. ray757

The 60 and over Thread

Not good. First thing I noticed was that the range was still a little soft from some recent rains here in North OC, CA. Then I saw something I didn’t like. Brand new mats! Bouncing everything. Or was that me? Ha! I’m playing the Maltby KE4 Max irons, which I thought had very little bounce. But...
  10. ray757

The 60 and over Thread

Sounds reasonable. I’m 72 with the typical ailments of most of us seasoned golfers. I used to use a 45” driver (215), then the mini driver (200) and now I just use a driving iron or hybrid (185-190). Still fun! Back to the range today after taking over a year off.
  11. ray757

The 60 and over Thread

Well I went to the range for the first time in about 15 months the other day. Here in SoCal we got a little rain but it was really nothing. Hitting my wedges and short irons well. But all of a sudden when I pulled out the 6 iron it went to hell. Maltby KE 4 Max irons. Nice clubs. Waiting for...
  12. ray757

For Sale Wilson 2023 DynaPower Iron Set 5-GW UST Mamiya DART 75g Regular All Standard Specs

Brand New Wilson 2023 DynaPower irons, 5-GW, UST Mamiya DART graphite shafts in R75g. All the specs are Standard. Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Standard grips. I will ship to lower 48 states only. $485 shipped in lower 48.
  13. ray757

For Sale NEW Tour Edge Hot Launch Xtreme Stand Bag 5.0

NEW Tour Edge Hot Launch Xtreme Stand 5.0 Bag. Black/Red Will ship to lower 48 states only please. $125 shipped. STAND BAG FEATURES 6-way divider top with molded handle Lightweight quick-release stand Premium comfort padded double strap Padded comfort hip pad Magnetic, quick-access...
Back