Recent content by shadow0861

1. shadow0861

SOLD Almost New Ping Wedges and Cobra Driver Head

These are 1 year and 2 rounds old. I didn’t play last year after I got these and don’t get along with them well. I never took the driver anywhere but the range. $60 each OBO - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth wedges 50 and 54* stock shafts, tour velvet grip. $75 OBO - King F8 driver, Nardo Grey, 10.5...
  2. shadow0861

Switching to graphite shafts from steel

I am much more like this, I think. I adapt to changes in grip and stance very quick. I just like the feel of a graphite shaft instead of iron. Funny story about that: I carry my 16* 3W about 240 yards, but my favorite club I ever owned was an old rescue with a senior flex shaft. Go figure.
  3. shadow0861

For Sale WTS Cobra King F8 10.5* grey HEAD ONLY

This head saw about 10 golf balls last year. I got a new job and never played. This year I got a new driver (fitted for it). Selling this head but I am keeping the shaft for my new driver. I like it more. As you may know, these drivers had no loft written on them. It was on the sleeve. So my...
  4. shadow0861

That’s what I was hoping to hear. Any different (heavier) shaft in the wedges? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. shadow0861

I have a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to what clubs I use. All my clubs from 5i to LW are steel shafted, and I am looking to switch to graphite possibly. I have read most of the time that you can just trade out shafts, no weights needed to make it not feel weird. I play TT XP115 Stiff shafts...
  6. shadow0861

Custom paint on my putter

I loved it too...but I wasn’t in love with that grip like I used to be. And I have a problem where I replace grips way more often than I should. The new one is black, white, and GREY. But I love it lots. It’s made by Evnroll: This is the last change I will make for a long time most likely...
  7. shadow0861

So, it’s actually easier than you think. I get a q-tip wet but not soaking, and very quickly wipe it once across the face to get the majority of the excess paint. It can’t ruin the paint fill, thinner will just evaporate and the paint will dry again. After that evaporates off I take another...
  8. shadow0861

So, to start this off...I actually did the painting about a month ago. I ended up reshafting it because the stock shaft started rusting after less than a year. After I reshafted it, I put a new SuperStroke grip on, and decided it was a good time to take pictures. I did the shaft replacement and...
  9. shadow0861

I will comment on this thread later with a write up of how I did it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. shadow0861

I will write on here later today with my methods. On this thread. I am thinking of offering doing the paint fill and detail stuff to people. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. shadow0861

Yeah...I can’t spray paint worth a damn. I just am good at detail and paint fill. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. shadow0861

Testors model paint. Matte white. Taped the area for the front perpendicular line with painters tape. All the paint fill was filled with paint and then wiped with a paper towel soaked in either paint thinner or mineral spirits. It was actually quite easy. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. shadow0861

I bought the Tommy Armour Impact 3 putter based on its performance. But...I HATED the copper color it came with. So I busted out my model paint and went to town. I think it looks nice black and white. I even added a perpendicular line on the top. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. shadow0861

Why do people let their putters get jacked up?

I just want to start this off by saying that I am not that guy that has iron headcovers. That said, I don't understand why almost every putter I see for sale looks like a wedge with all the bag chatter and dents/dings. What the hell? It's like the easiest club to keep literally new looking and...
Back