Recent content by strawboater

1. strawboater

Looking For Testers: SeeMore mini Giant DF Putter

Yes JB, I can give feedback and add reviews into the thread on a daily basis; I know this will be a keenly followed and active thread on the forum too, as the DF is generating some serious interest! It’d be great to be a part of that chatter. I owned the original Seemore Giant and it was great...
  2. strawboater

3/5 wood?

Whatever you choose, 3w, 5w or hybrid, consider the shaft length to aid your consistency. A 5w lofted down may suit you better, as it could be 1/2 to 1 inch shorter. The old Cobra Baffler was popular for this reason…
  3. strawboater

2022 Setup Changes - Prediction Edition

I’ve got to decide what to get rid of and stick with, rather than buying new! I currently have Apex MBs, Apex TCBs and Radspeeds - need to get it down to one set of irons to commit to for the year. Same with wedges - 52/58 MG2s vs 50/54/58 MD4s. I need to commit!!
  4. strawboater

Stand Bag Users: How Do You Store the Bag?

Legs retracted and propped up against something that won’t leave a mark, ideally another bag! 😂 I’ve always worried that left with the legs down, the retracting mechanism might stop working. I am sure it is highly unlikely and an irrational fear though!
  5. strawboater

RyanG’s Road to a 5

@ryang13 you are doing exactly what I am hoping to do across the pond in the UK this year. Do you have any thoughts already on whether your equipment will change and evolve through 2022 as your handicap drops?
  6. strawboater

Thank You for Q4 THPers!

And thank you back to the staffers for driving this community in the right direction and generally just being a fantastic bunch. The culture and the atmosphere has always been set by you guys first and foremost. 👍
  7. strawboater

Happy New Year

Here’s to another fabulous THP year in 2022!
  8. strawboater

Review of MGI Navigator after 30th Round

I have the MGI Navigator Quad (the four-wheeled version of this) and I can vouch that it is MUCH more stable. With the ‘fifth’ stabilising wheel down, it never tips over. Cart path lips, deep sprinkler holes, side slopes etc all okay. However, the extra chassis required for this wheelbase means...
  9. strawboater

First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

They are both great options and I am sure you can’t go too wrong with either. I tried the DCB and regular Apex and just found that the Pros gave me a similar output with a nicer look. The feel is slightly different (feel = sound) and the hollow bodies do sound a bit different, but after a bit of...
  10. strawboater

Holes in your bag going into the new year

Thinking about ditching the lob wedge this year. Might give up the 60 and try out a 46, 52, 56 combo, giving me an extra option at the top of my bag. The 56 can get me out of most situations, especially when opening the face a fraction. It might make wedge selection a bit simpler too - I tend...
  11. strawboater

The Pros are really good both in terms of distance and forgiveness. I have the Pro 4 iron, then 5-PW in TCB. They blend nicely, the 5i TCB has a higher level of launch and forgiveness than you would expect, and the Pro 4i is spot on for what you would expect from a 23 deg iron; and misses across...
  12. strawboater

Same. I have been looking to try out a new head from another OEM, but every time I pick up the bag I think “just one more time out with the TCBs first”. I regretted getting rid of my CF16s… not gonna make that mistake twice. Apex are sticking around this time.
  13. strawboater

What Brand Excites You Heading into 2022?

Callaway, Cobra, TEE and possibly Hogan too. Really interesting to read that these are at the top of many other lists too.
  14. strawboater

Player Performance Reviews - lol

Cringe.
  15. strawboater

What yardage is your biggest weakness?

Regardless of the actual yardage, I suspect many will pick either a) the transition point between their longest iron and shortest wood/hybrid or b) their short game, where less than a full wedge is required.
Back