Recent content by waazzupppp

1. waazzupppp

Sub 70 Golf

My Sub70 Experience... Dateline - June 2018 I have played various forms of Wilson blades for 30 years now. My beloved 1989 Fluid Feel irons are still in a bag ready to go on a moments notice, but most recently I was bagging the FG-100's. Unfortunately, two of them were going to need replacing...
  2. waazzupppp

Refittings and are lie boards are getting a bad rap?

Working for a Golfsmith club fitter years ago, one of the tools that we used quite often was a lie board. It was one of the many pieces we used back in the day, but it was a pretty important one. While tech has changed the game in fitting, I still look back at those old tools as tried and true...
  3. waazzupppp

Anyone still waiting on their Cut Golf Ball order?

This winter I did some seriously strenuous golf ball testing. I played nine holes or more with just about every ball out there just to see what would be the best deal for me to take into tournament season this year. From Titleist to Callaway, TaylorMade to Aris Golf, I tried them all. I found...
  4. waazzupppp

Play faster, shoot lower scores?

I've noticed something a bit strange about my game lately. When I go out and play on a non-busy day at my local course, I'll shoot upper 60s and finish 18 holes in 3 to 3 1/2 hours. When the pace of play slows and rounds drag closer to 5+ hours, my scores shoot upwards quickly and I can find...
  5. waazzupppp

How Much Would You Spend?

I've played "off the shelf" Wilson Blades for virtually my entire life. I'm finally getting to the age (and swing speed) where I feel like I could benefit from some of the newer tech in clubs, but I'm at a bit of a stuck point. Part of me wants to be budget conscious and purchase something a...
  6. waazzupppp

Do the clubs a tour pro plays influence your buying?

I'm just wondering how many of you are influenced by what you see tour pros playing on TV (or in person). Have you ever purchased a new driver because someone hit it well on the big screen? Did you grab a wedge because someone hit an impossible chip shot? Anything goes, but most of all, have you...
  7. waazzupppp

Dynamic Gold S300 vs Recoil 95 F3 Prototype

I was lucky enough to win a full set of UST Recoil 95 F3 Prototypes but I'm really nervous about putting them into my Wilson blades. UST is telling me that they will play very well, but I have two concerns... 1 - I haven't done a bore thru shaft in 20+ years and I really don't remember much...
  8. waazzupppp

Are adjustable hosels removable?

So, I have searched high and low for a replacement hosel for my Wilson M3 driver. It's set up about 90% perfect for me, but I would love the throw something like an Aldila NV 75 XS shaft into it to lower the trajectory a touch. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any of the "adjustable...
Back