What did you shoot today?

83 for my best round ever. Shot 45 on the front and 38 on the back. Funny thing is my ball striking was pretty poor but it worked. Looking forward to getting out Monday and hopefully posting another low score

83 for my best round ever. Shot 45 on the front and 38 on the back. Funny thing is my ball striking was pretty poor but it worked. Looking forward to getting out Monday and hopefully posting another low score
Congrats on the PB, it’s always a nice surprise when your score looks better than it felt!

Got out for a quick 9 after work today. Some nice shots, and some that I’d like to try again. My 3W was not working for me… ended with a 40.

-5.7 SG (-2.6 driving, -2.3 approach, -1.3 short, +0.6 putting)
5/7 fairways
3/9 GIR
16 putts

Played Thursday afternoon at a new private course and played well for a new track 43/46=89 no penalties and only 1 3 putt, pretty happy with that round. Got in a little trouble off the tee a few times but had some good recovery shots.

Fast forward to a misty/rainy breezy Friday morning and played a different course and golfed a smooth 39 on the front and swing was feeling good going into the back 9. With the 39 on the front I thought I had chance at my 2 year goal of breaking 80 again. The weather picked up a little bit but still wasn't terrible, but let's just say I definitely wasn't striking the ball as well with the irons and the driver and no putts were dropping. While I again had no penalties and had no 3 putts I just struggled getting to the green. Lots of fat shots as the course was really really wet and if you didn't strike the ball perfect off the turf then chunky chunk, but It wasn't much worse than the front when we started but I was struggling. I shot an outstanding 51 on the back o_O:ROFLMAO::unsure: for a total of 90, what the heck happened, tale of two 9s that's for sure. Gotta love golf!!

After being sick for 10 days finally tried to go out and play. Was only able to make it for 9 and the heat index was already 101 and I felt like I was going to pass out. Somehow shot a 35 with 8 pars and 1 birdie. Go figure. I’ll never understand golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43/47 - 90 Solid round today with good ball striking. Only two missed fairways and irons were really strong today. Left too many putts on the table and a few extra chipping strokes.

Played in my normal league. Had a pretty good day. Shot 35 on the front for one under on the turn. Shot 2 over two over on the back for 38 for a 74 for the round. Hitting the irons really well which I am hitting a lot of greens. Hit 13 of the 18 greens in regulation.

77 today. I had 2 doubles and 2 bogeys with no birdies. Overall I hit the ball solid but my putting was average at best. I missed a 4 footer for par on 1 then chunked a chip from a poor lie which resulted in a double. I have been working on keeping the clubface square to the ball on the takeaway and having a slow backswing and it translated into a lot of solid shots

87 from the Red Tees at the NC State course Lonnie Poole. Red is their blue and it was about 6500 yards

9183735C-83A9-4D75-9F7B-54A29B5987F1.jpeg

40 - 35 - 75. Played really solid after getting off to a rough start (+4 after 5). 3 birdies, 9 pars and 6 bogeys.

Not a very good score this morning, 43/44. Had both a double and a triple on each side which is abnormal for me. Tough to generate much confidence when you're within 20 yards of a green in two and take four more shots to get down :banghead:

Today was not a PB. Net +1 and I missed a number of short putts.
988C80DF-510D-43C4-B99C-CEDEF2666A77.png

75 - 38/37. Birdied 9 and 18. Good way to finish each 9.

I can’t really summarize what happened today on the golf course. I played my approach shots long to avoid false fronts and deep drop offs. I hit the flag stick twice. Found some distance lost and every iron shot felt perfect. A413E7C7-2B0C-4F21-A10B-34CBD1659F77.png

Shot a 90 from 6700 yards. A bit more then I prefer, overall not bad and showing I can hang tough with the longer distance.

Front 9 was was at +7, but I Put together a great back 9 scrambling to a +1... 26 putts, 1 birdie for a +8 80

The driver was misbehaving until 18, and pretty sure I only hit like 3 fairways lol

79 today from our back tees on a windy day. I didn’t hit the ball quite as well but my short game was better. Just one double today. My short game was good and I putted pretty solid. 79 is actually a bit lower differential of 3.6 vs the 77 I shot from the whites yesterday which was 4.0.

I struggled out of the sand a bit. I love the Cleveland CBX FF I have from the grass but don’t really like it from the sand. I do have one of the new Callaway wedges on the way. Hopefully this will be the combination that I am looking for. I loved the Callaway PM Grind from the sand and around the green but hated it from the grass. A combination would be awesome for me.

79 with 4 doubles…. Miss Hozzel Rokkett showed her ugly face a few times today. Hit a perfect drive on hole 1… and she decided to pop up to say hello…. No bueno. She must have went to the bar for a bit because she didn’t return until hole 14…a bit of an argument ensued - which I won - and Miss Rokkett went home for the day…but she reminded me she’s always waiting in the wing if I ever want to “talk”…

really didn’t hit the ball all that well today. Had I struck the ball like I did yesterday it could have been a real good day. I’ll take 79 but it was a grind.

Thursday, but just getting a chance to post this one, 44 + 42 = 86 . A pretty good round for me, everything was working pretty well, especially the driver, my Tour Edge Exotics EXS220 with a new Tensei 1K Pro White shaft. I hit all but three fairways, and hit provisionals on two of the ones I missed, hitting the fairway with both of those (used one of them). So hitting the driver 16 times, I hit the fairway with 13 of them, and most were a nice low-mid trajectory baby fade, getting out to about 220 - 230 yds, which is pretty good for me. My only misses were one that didn't fade and missed just a bit left, a terrible swing that resulted in a push fade (slice?) that ran just OB right (provisional used), and a popup that just barely carried a hazard (provisional not used) that is an occasional miss that I call my Driving Wedge. Short game was working too, two times I almost chipped in, getting inside my playing partners best chips with both, the second time one of them said, "Now you're just showing off!"

Kind of another trying day on the course started out rough as the irons were giving me trouble 49 on the front. On the back got the irons under control and one stupid penalty but battled back with a 42 for a 91. For how the round started I will take it. Having big troubles putting together a solid 18 lately. Did feel the fatigue today for playing 4 days in a row have a tee time tomorrow but may take the day off.

Back